Oddities News Archive - March 29, 2006
Bad manners were a significant threat to the success of the Olympics, He Zhenliang, advisor to the Beijing Games organizers, warned last week.
The Los Angeles City Council on Wednesday approved a $1.1 million payment to the family of slain rapper Notorious B.I.G because of errors in a civil wrongful death trial over accusations that he was murdered by rogue police officers.
By Terry Wade CURITIBA, Brazil (Reuters) - In the latest battle between big business and biodiversity, the fate of a unique small, brown snail that lives in a place called Happy Valley on the west coast of New Zealand hangs in the balance.
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.