Oddities News Archive - April 25, 2006
Embattled pop star Michael Jackson is eyeing a collaboration with rapper 50 Cent.
By Sue Zeidler LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - "Peace ... The Message is Peace." That's what the producers of a pay-television seance to contact John Lennon claimed the former Beatle said when communicating with them from beyond the grave.
Celebrity chef Mario Batali admits that putting duck testicles in the pasta at his new restaurant is a bit of a provocation, but in the cutthroat New York food world, it's not enough just to be provocative.
It's the million-dollar shot. An exclusive photograph of Hollywood stars Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie with their newborn, especially one taken in the far-flung African state of Namibia where they are staying, would be gold dust to the lucky snapper.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.