Oddities News Archive - October 30, 2007
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A 26-year-old musician has been charged with sexual abuse after police received reports from at least nine girls that he asked them for their socks and to rub their feet, sometimes in exchange for cash.
Word of the Day
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.
'Siliqua' comes from a Latin word meaning 'a pod.'