Oddities News Archive - October 07, 2008
By The Associated Press ELK GROVE, Calif. (AP) - That's a lot of pumpkin seeds. A Canadian farmer has won a contest in California with a pumpkin that weighs more than 1,500 pounds.
Japanese boffins from Tsukuba University have unveiled the most realistic robot suit to date with plans to distribute it on a mass scale on Friday.
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.