Oddities News Archive - June 30, 2008
A 24-year-old man with cerebral palsy has walked 830 miles on stilts to raise money to fight the condition. Neil Sauter did the eight-week trek in Michigan, US, and raised pounds 32,000. (c) 2008 Daily Record; Glasgow (UK). Provided by ProQuest Information and Learning. All rights Reserved.
By Associated Press PERTH, Australia (AP) -- A man who auctioned his life -- his house, his car, his job, even his friends -- on eBay said Monday he is disappointed with the selling price: almost $384,000.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.