Oddities News Archive - September 14, 2008
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) - A 33-year-old woman stole her daughter's identity to attend high school and join the cheerleading squad, according to a criminal complaint filed against the woman.
Adolf Hitler has returned to Berlin. Madame Tussauds said Saturday it had returned a wax figure of the Nazi dictator to its Berlin branch weeks after the statue was beheaded by a 41-year-old German. Hitler's figure can be viewed sitting at a desk in a replica of his bunker .
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.