Sci-Fi & Gaming News Archive - October 28, 2005
By Anne Thompson LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - There has been no rest for the weary on the Wellywood set of "King Kong." Award-winning DVD producer Michael Pellerin and his team have been running as fast as they can to keep up with Oscar-winning "Lord of the Rings" producer-writer-director Peter Jackson.
LONDON (Reuters) - The "flying" Ford Anglia used in the Harry Potter films has been stolen from a film studio lot, police said on Friday. "For those who have not seen the Harry Potter films, this is the car that flies in the movies and is very well known," a police spokesman said.
Microsoft Corp.'s new Xbox 360 video game console may get off to a slower start than initially expected, but the software giant's plan to keep production steady and expectations low may help it win against rival Sony Corp., analysts said on Friday.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.