Sci-Fi & Gaming News Archive - January 10, 2006
Harry Potter creator J.K. Rowling decided to kill off the parents of her fictional boy wizard after she suffered the trauma of losing her own mother, the author said in a rare interview on Tuesday.
Lingering holidays in many parts of the world kept the foreign box office buzzing during the first full weekend of the new year.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.