Sci-Fi & Gaming News Archive - May 04, 2006
By Chris Marlowe LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Activision Inc. has secured the rights to make interactive entertainment games based on the James Bond license, taking over from Electronic Arts, whose deal was scheduled to run until 2009.
The makers of combat video games have unwittingly become part of a global propaganda campaign by Islamic militants to exhort Muslim youths to take up arms against the United States, officials said on Thursday.
"The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" video game will not be recalled, but will be relabeled to reflect a stricter "mature" industry rating, Bethesda Softworks, the game's developer and co-publisher said in a statement on Thursday.
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.