Sci-Fi & Gaming News Archive - February 25, 2008
Texas, once the oil capital of North America, is rapidly turning into the capital of wind power. After breakneck growth in the past three years, wind turbines contribute more than 3 percent of Texas electricity, sufficient to supply power to one million homes.
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.