Sci-Fi & Gaming News Archive - June 18, 2008
It's easy to say there is something Dickensian about "The Court of the Air" (Tor; $25.95) by Stephen Hunt. But this British steampunk novel does have its evocative elements.
Tapping on fake instruments and screeching into microphones connected to video game consoles has become lucrative for both the music and gaming industries.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.