Sci-Fi & Gaming News Archive - July 02, 2008
It's hard to make heads or tails of "Hancock." At times the movie seems like an overcooked cinematic concoction. At other times, it appears to be half-baked.
Word of the Day
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.
'Siliqua' comes from a Latin word meaning 'a pod.'