Sci-Fi & Gaming News Archive - September 11, 2008
The Force is still going strong for George Lucas in the videogame world, despite lackluster reviews for the latest Star Wars movie, â€œThe Clone Wars.â€
Word of the Day
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.
'Siliqua' comes from a Latin word meaning 'a pod.'