Sci-Fi & Gaming News Archive - September 09, 2008
A judge ruled Monday in favor of "Harry Potter" author J.K. Rowling in her copyright infringement lawsuit against a fan and Web site operator set to publish a Potter encyclopedia.
The long-anticipated video game Spore is falling under widespread criticism, and has scored surprisingly low in Amazon.com user ratings with a score of only one star out of five.
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.