Sci-Fi & Gaming News Archive - July 30, 2012
Israeli student filmmakers Daniel Lazo and Eran May-raz have created an 8-minute video as a graduation project, predicting what they think the future could look like if AR is left to expand freely and rapidly.
Word of the Day
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.
'Siliqua' comes from a Latin word meaning 'a pod.'