The Clinical Chemistry Analyzers Market: Technology Trends, Business Challenges and Competitive Landscape
Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report related to the worldwide laboratory equipment industry is now available to its catalogue.
Clinical Chemistry Analyzers
Clinical chemistry analysis is one of the most important areas within clinical laboratory analysis. The term clinical chemistry usually refers to determining the concentration or activity of a protein, carbohydrate, lipid, electrolyte, enzyme or small molecule in easily-collected bodily fluids such as blood, serum, plasma or urine. However, it is not necessarily limited to these determinations. The analysis of virtually any biologically-active substance–any place in the body–can loosely be defined as clinical chemistry. In fact, traditional specialization barriers such as microbiology, hematology, blood banking, immunology and even anatomical pathology are rapidly fading, both operationally and instrumentally. But for the sake of defining the subject to a reasonable size, the more traditional scope of clinical chemistry will be the subject of this study.
The purpose of this report is to describe the specific segments of the global clinical chemistry instrumentation market. Specifically, this study examines the markets for small lab and highly-automated, large lab platforms, as well as accessory equipment such as reagents, supplies and manufacturers’ original equipment manufacturer (OEM) additional equipment.
The emphasis is on those companies and products that are actively developing and marketing chemistry analyzer products for the clinical setting, including hospitals, independent labs, physician’s offices and clinics. Concentration is on the clinical chemistry instrumentation industry market segment in the U.S. and around the world. Particular attention is paid to those areas of the clinical chemistry instrumentation sector that are showing the greatest growth or the most innovation.
Table of content
2. IVD Clinical Chemistry Market 2.1 Introduction
3. IVD Clinical Chemistry Market 3.1 Markets 3.1.1 Global Markets 3.1.2 Global Drivers of Clinical Chemistry Testing 3.1.3 Global Outlook 3.1.4 U.S. Market 3.1.5 European Market 188.8.131.52 German Clinical Chemistry Diagnostic Markets 184.108.40.206 U.K. Clinical Chemistry Testing Diagnostic Market 220.127.116.11.1 U.K. Market Statistics 18.104.22.168.2 U.K. Competitive Analysis 22.214.171.124.3 U.K. Market Access 126.96.36.199 French Clinical Chemistry Diagnostic Market 188.8.131.52 Italian Clinical Chemistry Diagnostic Market 184.108.40.206 Spanish Clinical Chemistry Diagnostic Market 220.127.116.11 Indian Clinical Chemistry Diagnostic Market 18.104.22.168.1 India’s In Vitro Diagnostic Testing Industry 22.214.171.124 Scandinavian Clinical Chemistry Market 126.96.36.199 Japanese Clinical Chemistry Testing Market 188.8.131.52 Country Clinical Chemistry Smaller Markets 184.108.40.206.1 Chinese Clinical Chemistry Market 220.127.116.11.2 Canada Clinical Chemistry Market 18.104.22.168.3 Brazil Clinical Chemistry Market 22.214.171.124.4 Turkey Clinical Chemistry Market 126.96.36.199.5 Australia Clinical Chemistry Market 188.8.131.52.6 Mexico IVD Market 184.108.40.206 Remaining World Clinical Chemistry Testing Market 220.127.116.11 Overview of Asian Healthcare Market 18.104.22.168.1 Singapore 22.214.171.124.2 Malaysia 126.96.36.199.3 Thailand 188.8.131.52.4 Indonesia 184.108.40.206.5 Philippines 220.127.116.11.6 South Korea 18.104.22.168.7 India 22.214.171.124.8 Hong Kong 126.96.36.199.9 Taiwan 188.8.131.52 Overview of the Latin American Diagnostics Market 3.2 Clinical Chemistry Sector 3.2.1 Industry-Served Markets 3.2.2 Industry Players 184.108.40.206 Manufacturing Companies 3.2.3 Market Specialization 3.2.4 Revenue and Reimbursement 3.2.5 Companies 3.3 Outlook for Clinical Chemistry Testing 3.3.1 Long-Term Changes 3.3.2 Market Drivers 3.3.3 The Limits to Growth 3.3.4 Hot Sectors in the IVD Market 3.3.5 Key Technologies 3.3.6 Conclusion
4. Clinical Chemistry Instrument Market by Sector: Size, Growth, Share and Competitors 4.1 Ultra-Large Throughput Chemistry Analyzers 4.2 Large-Throughput Analyzers 4.3 Mid-Size Clinical Chemistry Analyzers 4.4 Chemistry Analyzers for the Small-Volume Market
5. Important Technology Trends 5.1 Technology Platform Innovations in Point-of-Care Testing 5.2 Sensor Systems for Diagnostic Applications 5.3 Glucose Measurements 5.4 Glucose Test Methods 5.5 Cholesterol Measurements 5.6 The New Paradigm 5.7 Consolidated Workstations 5.8 Automation in the Laboratory in Response to Labor Shortages 5.9 Laboratory Information Systems 5.10 Biosensor Technology 5.11 Data-Management Issues 5.11.1 Wireless LANs 5.11.2 Data and Workflow Management Systems 5.11.3 Beckman Central Command 5.12 Connectivity Platforms 5.12.1 Laboratory Data Linking Software and Interface to the Laboratory Information System 5.12.2 AbbottLink Analyzer Connections 5.12.3 Beckman Coulter DL2000 Data Manager v6.5 5.12.4 bioMerieux Inc. ENQ 5.12.5 Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics Inc. Software Version 1.02
6. Business Trends in the Clinical Chemistry Analyzer Sector 6.1 Key Developments 6.2 Sector Consolidation 6.3 Diagnostic Testing Growth Trends 6.4 Reagent and Hardware Business in Japan 6.5 New Products 6.6 Acquisition, License Agreements, Internal Development and Partnerships 6.7 Product Testing Depth in Clinical Chemistry Testing 6.8 Government Regulation 6.8.1 U.S. Regulation 220.127.116.11 Importing Medical Devices to the U.S. 18.104.22.168 Exporting Medical Devices from the U.S. 6.8.2 U.K. Regulation 6.8.3 E.U. Regulation 6.8.4 Japanese Regulation 6.8.5 Korean Regulation 6.9 Increased Market Penetration 6.10 Costs of Doing Business in Europe 6.11 Drivers of European Diagnostics Testing 6.12 European Reimbursement Practices 6.13 Cost Containment in Europe 6.14 Medicare Reimbursement Trends
7. Company Profiles 7.1 Abaxis 7.1.1 Point-of-Care Blood Chemistry Analyzers 7.1.2 Hematology 7.1.3 Reagent Discs 7.1.4 Orbos Process 7.1.5 VetScan Canine Heartworm Antigen Test 7.2 Abbott Diagnostics 7.2.1 Diagnostic Products 7.2.2 Business Analysis 7.2.3 Commentary 7.3 Adaltis, Inc. 7.4 Alfa Wasserman, Inc. (f/k/a Electro-Nucleonics, Inc. and Schiapparelli Biosystems, Inc.) 7.4.1 Background 7.4.2 Products 7.5 Awareness Technology 7.6 Bayer Diagnostics 7.6.1 Background 7.6.2 General Automated Clinical Chemistry Instruments 22.214.171.124 ADVIA(R) 2400, 1800, 1650 and 1200 Chemistry Systems 7.6.3 Business Analysis 7.6.4 Commentary 7.7 Beckman Coulter, Inc. 7.7.1 Overview 7.7.2 Company History 7.7.3 Products 126.96.36.199 Clinical Diagnostics Products 188.8.131.52.1 Overview 184.108.40.206 Clinical Chemistry Systems 220.127.116.11 Clinical Laboratory Automation 18.104.22.168 Hemostasis Systems 22.214.171.124 Immunodiagnostic Systems 126.96.36.199 Primary Care Diagnostics 188.8.131.52 Hematology Systems 7.7.4 Commentary 7.8 Dade Behring, Inc. 7.8.1 Products 7.8.2 Other Served Markets 7.9 Hitachi 7.9.1 Products 7.10 Horiba, Ltd. 7.11 JEOL, Ltd. 7.12 Olympus America, Inc. Clinical Instruments Division 7.12.1 Background 7.12.2 Automated General Chemistry Instruments 7.12.3 Commentary 7.13 Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics, a Johnson & Johnson Company 7.13.1 Background 7.13.2 Markets 7.13.3 Automated General Chemistry Instruments 7.13.4 Commentary 7.14 Roche Diagnostics Corp 7.14.1 Background 7.14.2 Automated General Chemistry Instruments 7.14.3 Business Analysis 7.15 Shimadzu 7.15.1 Products 7.16 Sysmex Corporation 7.17 Thermo Electron Corp. 7.18 Vital Scientific, NV 7.18.1 Background 7.18.2 Products
8. Clinical Chemistry Testing Sector Trends and Forecasts 8.1 Home Care Analysis 8.2 Non-traditional Collection for Chemistry Testing 8.3 New Systems for Critical-Care and Near-Patient Testing 8.4 Utility of Near-Patient Testing in Critical-Care Settings 8.5 Mergers of Diagnostic Companies 8.6 Information Management Advances 8.7 Test Ordering Patterns 8.8 Patient Satisfaction 8.9 Move Away From Central Laboratory 8.10 Healthcare Cost Controls 8.11 Competition for Services 8.12 Drivers of Clinical Chemistry Testing 8.13 Confluence of New Technology 8.14 New Trends in Clinical Laboratory Testing 8.14.1 Trends in Reimbursement Practices 8.14.2 Managed Care 8.14.3 Changes in Patient Management 8.14.4 Focused Testing 8.14.5 Satellite Facilities 8.14.6 Point-of-Care Testing 8.14.7 Regionalization of Laboratory Care 8.15 New Chemistry Analyzers 8.16 Multiplexing Technology
9. Clinical Chemistry Product Introductions 9.1 Clinical Chemistry Analyzer Product Launches 9.2 Clinical Chemistry Reagent Product Launches
10. Corporate Directory
More market research reports? Go to http://www.reportlinker.com