MICROMINE Expands Canada Office to Meet Mining Growth
As the mining industry reacts to ever-changing global market demands, MICROMINE responds with the latest software technology to help mining companies manage their operations, resources and revenue.
Vancouver, BC (PRWEB) August 16, 2012
MICROMINE, the leading global provider of intuitive software solutions to the exploration and mining industry, announces the expansion of its Canadian office. Opened in 2003 in the heart of downtown Vancouver, this expansion reflects continued growth in the mining industry and MICROMINE’s commitment to provide their growing customer base complete support and service throughout North America.
With an office in Elko, Nevada, and the new North America regional headquarters in Denver, Colorado, MICROMINE has solidified its presence in the mining industry of North America. North America Regional Manager, Mr. Colin Smith, states, “We are thrilled to be in a position where increased demand for MICROMINE’s solutions has resulted in significant expansion of our business in Canada.” He is pleased to introduce the sales, technical and administrative staff to the growing Vancouver office:
- Ms. Rhonda Bulmer, the Sales Manager for North America, who has worked for MICROMINE for almost three years, is overseeing the expansion of the sales efforts across Canada and the U.S. She has many years’ experience in high level project work in construction, infrastructure and mining particularly in the areas of contract negotiation, project management and business development. Ms. Bulmer has created global partnerships and been instrumental in creating Enterprise Agreements and QA/QC procedures for large corporations in the energy/coal and hardrock sectors.
- Mr. Dallas Araneda has been the Business Solutions Executive since 2010. A Vancouver native, he brings several years of sales experience to the office. Dallas Araneda has applied his educational background in marketing and communications to 3 international companies in the past 10 years with work experiences ranging from private vacation club sales, foreign education and mining software. His strong sales skills and attention to detail enable Dallas to carry out a vast array of projects that consistently meet and exceed his clients’ expectations. Dallas has interests in film, music, writing and cycling.
- A degreed Information Systems Specialist, Mr. Adam Bartley provides support and consulting to the North America Pitram clients. He started with MICROMINE in 2008 at the head office in Australia before transferring to the Vancouver office in 2010. He works to ensure that Pitram clients utilize the Pitram system to its full potential. He is an avid mountain biker, snowboarder, with interests in computers and electronics.
- Mr. Alan Leblanc has been working as the technical support analyst for Micromine for over five years. During that time, he has performed training for hundreds of clients, both in Canada and abroad. Alan’s specialty is the Micromine software, and he provides technical support to clients, general or customized training to clients, and specialized consulting services where applicable. He has a Bachelor’s degree in Earth Sciences and an Advanced Diploma in Remote Sensing. Alan has also worked in the Fort McMurray area as a logging geologist and in New York as a subsurface geologist. He lives in Burnaby, British Columbia with his wife.
- Ms. Julia Penkrat, the office administrator, arrived in Vancouver originally from Russia by way of Mexico. She holds a degree in travel and tourism, and speaks several languages, an asset for our clients. She joined MICROMINE in 2009. This spring she completed her business administration certificate at the local university and plans to continue her studies. She enjoys reading, biking, dining and spending time by the sea.
- Ms. Brynna Phipps has joined MICROMINE as a Business Solutions Executive. She grew up on the north shore of Vancouver and attended Capilano University and BCIT for her education. Her experience includes database management in exploration and mining with experience in GIS. She has worked in the field at projects in Canada, USA, & New Zealand which has given her a dynamic understanding of the industry. Her hobbies include playing sports, hiking, travelling, cooking and photography.
- Mr. Devin Ross is a recent addition to the sales team as the new Business Sales Executive. He brings 15 years of sales and marketing experience in the construction and Industrial sales areas. He participates in sports frequently, and coaches his son in baseball and soccer. He enjoys the outdoors and camping on the weekends.
- The Database Specialist for Geobank is Mr. David Sinclair who has worked in IT for over 10 years in two countries. He has spent much of that time writing web applications and database code, and joined MICROMINE two years ago. He enjoys a full family life and leisure activities, like golfing and swimming.
- The Pitram product line is headed up by Mr. Jonathan Thompson who has worked in the software industry for almost 15 years in several capacities with companies including Crystal Decisions, Business Objects, Cognos and IBM. He has a degree in business administration from the University of New Brunswick and a diploma in applied information technology. An avid cyclist, he lives in Vancouver with his wife and three busy kids.
- For almost two years, Ms. Carrie Urdiga has provided Micromine and Geobank solutions to clients in Canada. She brings 25 years of sales, account management and people management expertise in the corporate world to Micromine. She’s worked for global corporations and small start-up companies. She values team spirit and entrepreneurship that starts at the personal level and expands out into the entire web of a company. Carrie’s personal mission: To sell and market products and solutions that improve the value of life while making a personal difference, maintaining integrity, and increasing market share and profitability. Her hobbies are writing and photography.
The MICROMINE team of Canada provides the key resources their customers demand as they seek to maximize profitability and drive continuous improvement. MICROMINE is headquartered in Perth, Australia, and has more than 12,000 clients in over 90 countries. Founded in 1986, the software developer has grown from a three-person operation to more than 240 staff around the world in 22 offices. MICROMINE develops a full range of mining and exploration software solutions which span the entire mining process from geological exploration to mine production management. The company is proud to have received many industry awards recognizing the strength of its products and outstanding export achievements as it contributes to responsible and sustainable mining globally.
With over 12,000 clients in more than 90 countries, MICROMINE is a leading provider of intuitive software solutions for the entire mining process.
MICROMINE understands the software and consultancy needs of exploration and mining operations around the world. Located in 20 of the world’s major mineral producing capitals, our team is close to your operation. This means MICROMINE can provide local support and services in your language and time zone.
MICROMINE’s intuitive solutions are delivered by a team of specialists who understand the software and how it can be integrated into an operation for maximum results
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/8/prweb9801766.htm