STA-BIL® and Generac® Help Consumers Prepare for Severe Weather with the “Storm Season: Be Ready” Sweepstakes
Companies share useful tips and feature prizes to weather this year´s storm season
Chicago, Ill. (PRWEB) May 20, 2013
Storm and tornado season are in full swing. Each year, the United States gets an average of 1,000* tornados and 10,000** severe thunderstorms. Additionally, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has indicated a high likelihood of a near- to above-normal Atlantic hurricane season***. With issues related to outdated electrical grids, powerful storms might mean lengthy power outages.
To help people prepare for storms large and small, STA-BIL® Fuel Stabilizer, America´s #1 selling brand of fuel stabilizers and ethanol treatments, and Generac Power Systems, the #1 brand in portable generators, are today launching the “Storm Season: Be Ready” sweepstakes and sharing tips on how to be prepared should power outages strike.
“STA-BIL is honored to be working with Generac to help people across the country prepare for severe storms from hurricanes to tornados,” said Tom Bingham, Director of Marketing for Gold Eagle Co. “Following last year´s intense storm season, we look forward to helping people stay safe this year and weather the unexpected with useful tips and proper supplies that will help keep the lights on.”
Kicking off May 20, the “Storm Season: Be Ready” sweepstakes will take place on the STA-BIL Facebook and Generac Facebook pages through July 20, 2013. Participants can also enter HERE for a chance to win the following prizes:
- GRAND PRIZE — One ultimate storm preparation grand prize package worth more than $1000.00 will include one Generac GP6500E Portable Generator, one Generac 20-foot generator cord, one 32 oz bottle of STA-BIL Ethanol Treatment, one 16 oz bottle of STA-BIL Fuel Stabilizer and one bottle of Start Your Engines!.
- WEEKLY PRIZES — Each week, entrants will also have the chance to win one of 40 prize packs each worth $20.00 that will include one 10 oz bottle of STA-BIL Ethanol Treatment and one bottle of Start Your Engines! to protect, preserve and enhance the performance of their small engine equipment.
“Many people invest in a portable generator to protect themselves during a power outage,” said Lauren Pettit, product manager for portable generators at Generac. “But, they might not have used their portable generator for a while. When the fuel cannot be drained from the system, Generac recommends using STA-BIL Fuel Stabilizer to keep the fuel from breaking down and to keep their generator running when they need it the most.”
Don´t Be Scared, Be Prepared
Storms can be as scary as they are unpredictable and cause immense damage. But, rather than fear the unknown, it is best to put worries aside and be prepared. Following are some important steps for ensuring you have the tools to brave potential storms.
Before the storm:
1. Listen to the news and local forecasts to give yourself as much notice as possible
2. Secure a back-up generator, such as a Generac portable generator to be operated safely out of doors
3. Make sure your generator is in working order by checking the oil and adding fresh fuel with a bottle of STA-BIL Ethanol Treatment to keep the fuel fresh and combat damage from ethanol in today´s gasoline
4. Run the generator for a few minutes. If the generator does not start, add a bottle of Start Your Engines! Fuel Revitalizer to clean the carburetor and intake valves and get the engine up and running quickly
5. Create a storm kit of must-have items, such as a battery operated radio, flashlights, batteries, candles, matches, bottled water, blankets, non-perishable food, can opener, first aid kit, list of phone numbers, prescription medications and games to pass the time
When a storm is on its way:
1. Listen to the news to keep updated on the storm´s status
2. Obey evacuation directions in dire situations
3. Make sure your cell phone is charged and keep a charger with you
4. Set your refrigerator and freezer controls to the coldest settings to keep food longer should the power go out
5. Fill your car´s gas tank just in case you need to drive to safety
6. Take out a reasonable amount of cash in case ATMs are out of order
7. Tie down any large objects outdoors that may get thrown during a storm (e.g. patio furniture, toys) and place valuables inside in a safe place off the floor
8. Ensure a supply of water for sanitary purposes by filling your bathtub, sinks and other large containers with water
When a storm is in progress:
1. Stay indoors and away from windows or glass doors
2. Take refuge in a small interior room or closet or below ground if possible
3. Listen to the news for updates and directions on how to proceed
For more tips or to enter the “Storm Season: Be Ready” sweepstakes, visit the STA-BIL Brand and Generac Power Systems pages on Facebook or watch the Preparing Small Engines for Stormy Weather video.
About Generac (NYSE: GNRC)
Since 1959, Generac has been a leading designer and manufacturer of a wide range of generators and engine powered products. As a leader in power equipment serving residential, light commercial, industrial and construction markets, Generac’s power products are available through a broad network of independent dealers, retailers, wholesalers and equipment rental companies. The company markets and distributes its products primarily under its Generac and Magnum brand names. For more information on Generac and its product line, visit http://www.generac.com Become a fan on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/generacpowersystems. Follow Generac on Twitter @generacpowersys.
About Gold Eagle Co.
For more than 80 years, Gold Eagle® Co. has been an industry pioneer in the production and distribution of aftermarket fluids and additives. We create products that help preserve, protect and enhance the performance of engines everywhere. We are a leader in the product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution of branded engine performance and maintenance chemicals. Privately held and headquartered in Chicago, Gold Eagle Co. is the manufacturer of leading brands, including STA-BIL® Fuel Stabilizer, HEET® Gas-Line Antifreeze, NO LEAK® Treatments, 104+® Octane Boost, Start Your Engines!®, DieselPower!® Diesel Additives, 303® Aerospace Protectant and 303® Fabric Guard. To view our complete line of Gold Eagle products or learn more about the Company, please visit http://www.goldeagle.com or “like” our Gold Eagle Co., STA-BIL, Start Your Engines! or Engine Answerman pages on Facebook. For product questions, please call us at 800-621-1251 or follow us on Twitter @GoldEagleHelp.
All trademarks, service marks and trade names, including STA-BIL®, HEET®, Start Your Engines! ®, NO LEAK®, ALUMASEAL®, Gold Eagle®, DieselPower! ®, Golden Touch®, 104+®, Cool Rides Online®, 303® Aerospace Protectant and 303® Fabric Guard used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Gold Eagle Co. The aforesaid families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Gold Eagle Co. Any other product or company names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- National Climate Data Center, March 2012
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2013/5/prweb10751172.htm