Alcohol Treatment Port St. Lucie Helps Patients Find Life After Rehab
Alcohol Treatment Port St. Lucie institutes new treatment methods with high success rates in terms of preventing relapse.
Port St. Lucie (PRWEB) August 31, 2013
More than 300 patients successfully completed Alcohol Treatment Port St. Lucie’s rehabilitation program in 2012. The road to recovery is a long and grueling process. The blueprint for success is never the same for any two given patients. But there are some common ways every addict can progress through the process.
“Most people who enter a treatment center often count the days they’ll spend in a clinic,” said Alcohol Treatment Port St. Lucie’s Director James Teagardin. “It’s difficult for them spend 60 to 90 days away from their family members.”
But for those who persevere and complete the program, the results are priceless. Amy Schuester entered Alcohol Treatment Port St. Lucie two years ago after she finally came to the realization she was an alcoholic. The transition back to normalcy is often as difficult as the rehabilitation process.
“Once you’re an alcoholic, you’re one for life,” Schuester said. “My marriage quickly deteriorated following rehab because I found myself unable to relate to my husband and family.”
Despite the end of her marriage, Schuester is thankful for the help she received at Alcohol Treatment Port St. Lucie.
“They saved my life,” Schuester said. “I had gotten so far out of control to the point I became a threat to not only myself—but to others.”
But going home can be difficult. The support system she received from the counselors and fellow patients were no longer with her. It’s often difficult for friends and family members to relate with a recovering addict.
What are some of the things recovering alcoholic can do to return to normal everyday life? According to Teagardin, here are some basic tips:
- Listen: It’s important to for alcoholics to continue to follow the advice of therapists who helped you through your treatment.
- Create a plan: Nothing can be accomplished without a basic plan. Make a list of reasonable goals and try to accomplish them one at a time.
- Forget: Don’t focus on the past or anything that can trigger your previous problems. Strive to move forward and progress.
- Exercise: Regular physical activity is a good way to keep both the body and mind sharp.
- Patience: Recovery doesn’t happen overnight. It’s a lifelong process. The lessons an addict has learned through rehab should serve them well in life.
About Alcohol Treatment Port Lucie:
For nearly 20 years, Alcohol Treatment Port St. Lucie has helped recovering alcoholics along the Treasure Coast get the valuable help they need, while preparing them for a life of sobriety. The 54,000 square foot facility employs 45 highly trained counselors and medical personnel to help their patients reach the road to recovery. For more information, call (772) 919-7582 or visit them on the web at http://www.alcoholtreatmentportstlucie.com/.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/8/prweb11074614.htm