Now Available- New Match℠ PRISM℠ APP from the National Resident Matching Program® (NRMP®)
The National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) has released its first iPhone APP, the MATCH PRISM, which allows Main Residency Match applicants to track and organize training programs during the residency interview process.
Washington, D.C. (PRWEB) September 18, 2013
The National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) is pleased to announce the launch of its first iPhone APP, The MATCH℠ Program Rating and Interview Scheduling Manager, or PRISM℠, which permits Main Residency Match applicants to track and organize residency programs during the interview process and develop ratings that can be used to generate their rank order list for submission in The Match. Applicant and program director rank order lists are used to match applicants into available training positions in U.S teaching hospitals.
“PRISM is the latest addition to the NRMP’s new suite of forward-looking information technology offerings, and we are delighted that it will be available in time for applicants participating in the 2014 Main Residency Match that opened for registration on September 15,” said NRMP Executive Director Mona M. Signer.
What is included in The MATCH PRISM iPhone APP?
- the Main Residency Match schedule of events
- a comprehensive directory of all residency programs participating in The Match, including program contact information, NRMP and Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education® (ACGME®) program codes, and website links
- a program rating system using the twenty factors that respondents to NRMP’s Applicant Survey designated as most important in program selection
- a calendar that syncs to Microsoft Outlook and allows applicants to track whether they have applied to a program and scheduled or completed an interview
- a “notes” function for entering free-form text about each program
- information about the NRMP
The MATCH PRISM APP is free and available for download from Apple. An Android version is scheduled for release in late 2013, and the APP will be expanded next year to include all NRMP Fellowship Matches.
The NRMP Match
The Match uses a computerized mathematical algorithm to align the preferences of applicants with the preferences of residency program directors in order to fill training positions available at U.S. teaching hospitals. Research on the NRMP algorithm was a basis for awarding the 2012 Nobel Prize in Economics.
The National Resident Matching Program® (NRMP®) is a private, non-profit organization established in 1952 at the request of medical students to provide an orderly and fair mechanism for matching the preferences of applicants for U.S. residency positions with the preferences of residency program directors. In addition to the Main Residency Match, the NRMP conducts matches for more than 40 subspecialties. For more information, contact NRMP at 1-866-653-NRMP (6767) or visit http://www.nrmp.org. For interviews, please email cherbert(at)nrmp(dot)org
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/9/prweb11123387.htm