Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis Industry Worth $863 Million by 2017 Says a New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
RnRMarketResearch.com adds Latest Report on “OpportunityAnalyzer: Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) – Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2017” to its store. The report provides Overview of NASH, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and disease management.
Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) October 14, 2013
The growing global rate of obesity and diabetes will significantly boost the nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) market from $233 million in 2012 to $863 million by 2017, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 30%, forecasts research and consulting firm.
According to the company’s latest report OpportunityAnalyzer: Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) – Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2017, the US will have the largest share of the market, contributing $827 million towards global sales, followed by the five major European markets — France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK. Currently, there are 29.3 million prevalent cases of NASH across these six major markets.
In addition to obesity and diabetes, another factor that will contribute to the sales growth is the launch of Intercept Pharmaceuticals/Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma’s obeticholic acid in the US and of Genfit’s GFT505 in the US and Europe in Q4 2017, giving them an early foothold in the NASH market space.
Besides these two product launches, believes there are two more therapies with the potential to revolutionize the treatment paradigm for NASH in the near future: Gilead’s simtuzumab and Novo Nordisk’s liraglutide (Victoza).
These four novel, potentially first-in-class therapies, which are anti-fibrotic and anti-diabetic, will target subpopulations — obese, diabetic, and healthy donors — within NASH.
Still, there are no approved therapies for the treatment of NASH and there are few therapies in the pipeline that are specific to the condition that appear to be nearing approval over the next five years.
Dina Rufo, MS, Analyst covering Immunology, says: “Since there is neither cure, nor one specific therapy currently available for NASH, research and development (R&D) strategies in this market space are complicated. Challenges range from unraveling the pathophysiology of NASH and designing diagnostic tools for more accurate diagnosis and staging, to the design of clinical trials.”
“Furthermore, the level of unmet needs for NASH, including both environmental and clinical, is high and requires patient awareness and physician education. These issues compound the reasons why the NASH market space is very sparse. A series of unknowns exist for the disease, due to its heterogeneous nature, and its slow progression poses problems for drug development.”
- Overview of NASH, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and disease management.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global NASH therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across Phase II/IIb, emerging trends and mechanisms of action under development, including: oral Proliferator Activated Receptor alpha, delta (PPARa,d) agonist, oral Farnesoid X Receptor (FXR) agonist, subcutaneous Lysyl Oxidase-Like 2 (LOXL2) inhibitor and subcutaneous Glucagon-like Peptide-1 (GLP-1) agonist.
- Annualized NASH therapeutics market forecast, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2012-2017.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic clinical and commercial benchmarking assessment of the pipeline and standard of care, market outlook, R&D strategies, and unmet needs for the NASH therapeutics market.
However, there have been attempts at designing new tools, such as an obesity-related NASH diagnostic and cell apoptosis assessment, to allow for better understanding of drug efficacy.
This report provides an overview of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and disease management. It also analyzes the current and future market competition in the global NASH therapeutics market.
Purchase a copy of this report @ http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/contacts/purchase?rname=117923 .
Browse more reports on Therapeutics Market @ http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/life-sciences/pharmaceuticals/therapeutics .
RnRMarketResearch.com is an online database of market research reports offer in-depth analysis of over 5000 market segments. The library has syndicated reports by leading market research publishers across the globe and also offer customized market research reports for multiple industries.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2017-nash-nonalcoholic/steatohepatitis-market/prweb11227284.htm