Solar Energy can Power Philippines through Disasters: More Speakers Confirm to Attend Top-level Industry Conference
BANGKOK, Nov 26, 2013 – (ACN Newswire) – According to pv-tech.org, “Emerging markets in Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines have good potential for growth due to their economic development demands coupled with the ample sunlight all four countries enjoy. In addition, the four emerging markets named have implemented feed-in tariff subsidy policies and all four have set renewable energy targets for 2020 to 2030.”
The upcoming Solar Energy Southeast Asia conference taking place in less than two weeks time at the IMPACT Arena in Bangkok will support and accelerate the development of solar energy, both on- and off-grid in the ASEAN region.
With recent news of the Philippines typhoon disaster affecting energy supplies, development of off-grid solar particularly in rural and marginalised areas is crucial.
Mr Pete Maniego, Chairman of the National Renewable Energy Board (NREB) says: “The Philippines needs distributed generation, which can supply power even during the height of typhoons and other calamities. Favourable factors such as high electricity rates, Feed-in Tariff, Net Metering and Renewable Portfolio Standards make solar power highly competitive.”
Mr Maniego along with Mr Dante Briones, President of the Philippines Solar Power Alliance, will be speaking at the conference on Wednesday 4 December on ‘Solar policies for the Philippines; FiTs, latest developments and future prospects’.
“The Solar Energy Southeast Asia Conference will provide the forum to network and share experiences with developers and suppliers as well as government agencies involved in solar power development,”Mr Maniego said.
He added that the conference is an opportunity to educate the industry about “he huge opportunities existing in the Philippines for solar energy applications”.
New speakers joining the programme include:
- Sunil Gupta, Managing Director – Global Head of Cleantech, Standard Chartered Bank
- Mr Franck Constant, President, Sonnedix
- Mr Andy Schroeter, Chief Executive Officer, Sunlabob Renewable Energy, Ltd. Laos
- Mr Philip Napier-Moore, Project Director, Power Generation, Mott MacDonald
- Mr Setta Verojporn, Project Engineer, Mott MacDonald
- Mr Amiran Roth-Deblon, Regional Director, Asia Pacific, Juwi Renewable Energies
- Mr Thomas Chrometzka, Director Renewable Energy, GIZ Thailand
- Mr Winston Lorenzana Mendoza, Chairman, Lim Solar, the Philippines
- Dr Lars Podlowski, Managing Director, SOLON Energy GmbH
- Mr Yong Liu, Chief Technology Officer, JA Solar Holdings Co.,Ltd
For further information or to book to attend, visit http://seasia.solarenergyevents.com or contact:
Marketing and Events Coordinator
Tel: +44 207 871 0122
Business Development Director
Tel: +44 1865 318123
Source: Solar Energy Southeast Asia
Copyright 2013 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.