Top 8 Developed CF Markets to Post 30.4% CAGR Through 2019, States GBI Research in Its Report Published at MarketPublishers.com
New research report “Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 – CFTR Modulators Initiate Drive towards Personalized Treatment and Market Growth” worked out by GBI Research is now available at MarketPublishers.com. According to the study, the combined value of the cystic fibrosis (CF) markets in the top 8 developed economies is set to grow at a 30.4% CAGR through 2019.
London, UK (PRWEB) February 24, 2014
In 2012, the combined value of the cystic fibrosis (CF) therapeutics markets in the top 8 developed economies stood at around USD 696.5 million. It is predicted to grow considerably in the years ahead, registering a 30.4% CAGR, and is forecast to amount to almost USD 4.5 billion in 2019. The market’s primary growth stimulator is the introduction of new treatment options with disease-modifying mechanisms of action. The favourable impact of novel market entrants is expected to offset the negative effects of key patent losses in the next 5 years.
The major CF treatment option are cystic fibrosis transmembrane regulators (CFTR) modulators, which tackle the very root cause of the disease rather than its symptoms, alongside offering improved relief and quality of life to patients. Kalydeco (ivacaftor) (marketed since 2012) was the first modulator launched in the CF therapeutics market, and it made a considerable contribution to the market value. This effect will likely be achieved on a greater scale when Ataluren (PTC124) and lumacaftor enter the market, as these treatment options can be applied on a much larger proportion of the CF population. The developer of lumacaftor, Kalydeco and other early-phase CFTR modulators, Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc., is expected to play a key role in shaping the future development of the CF therapeutic market.
New research report “Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 – CFTR Modulators Initiate Drive towards Personalized Treatment and Market Growth” worked out by GBI Research is now available at MarketPublishers.com.
Title: Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 – CFTR Modulators Initiate Drive towards Personalized Treatment and Market Growth
Published: February, 2014
Price: US$ 3,500.00
The new report provides valuable insights into the CF therapeutics market scenario and offers an in-depth market assessment. It scrutinizes the main market barriers and drivers, covers the major market areas, and contains information (historical, actual and forecast) on the market performance. The study encloses a comprehensive product profile, including details on the disease’s symptoms, diagnostics and treatment; presents and extensive summary of the products currently marketed, identifies the unmet needs, compares the safety and efficacy of the top brands. The report includes a detailed CF pipeline analysis encompassing a review of the most important issues, such as drug distribution, CF clinical trial landscape, the most promising pipeline drugs, among others. In addition, the research report outlines the market future growth prospects, offers a complete set of the projected values as well as pinpoints the potential entry of novel products.
Reasons to Buy:
- Enrich one’s knowledge of CF disease and the related therapeutics market scenario
- Identify the current therapeutics needs and get ready to target them
- Pinpoint the emerging opportunities and learn how to exploit them
- Know the CF therapeutics market development trends and elaborate effective business strategies
- Extend the understanding of the CF pipeline and also get abreast of the clinical needs and decide how to tackle address them
- Compare the existing marketed products and outline their benefits and disadvantages
- Identify the key products that will likely enter the world CF therapeutics market
- Get a clear idea of the CF clinical trial performance
- Assess the main risks associated with CF clinical trials and also understand the prevailing trials trends
- Understand who stands where in the CF therapeutics market and identify the strongest market participants
- Understand the most promising growth patterns of the CF market through 2018
More new research reports by the publisher can be found at GBI Research page.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11610624.htm