Global Bio-Succinic Acid Market to Reach USD 992.8 Million by 2020, According to Latest Research Report Published at Grand View Research, Inc
Market Size – $137.0 mn in 2013, Market Growth – CAGR of 23.3%, Market Trends – Growing application in BDO and PBS/PBST. Visit – http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/bio-succinic-acid-market.
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) March 10, 2014
The global market for bio-succinic acid is expected to reach USD 992.9 million by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 23.3% from 2014 to 2020. The recognition of succinic acid, as a potential platform chemical by the U.S. Department of Energy, has resulted in significant opportunities in replacement applications, particularly in maleic anhydride and adipic acid, for bulk volume industrial applications such as bioplastics, polyurethanes and engineering plastics.
The report “Bio-Succinic Acid Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020” is available now to Grand View Research customers at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/bio-succinic-acid-market
BDO was the largest application market for bio-succinic acid, with estimated volume of 19,877.5 tons in 2013, expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 38.3% from 2014 to 2020. Cost-effective bio-succinic acid would result in the substitution of maleic anhydride for the manufacturing of BDO and downstream derivatives such as GBL and PBT, which are extensively used in the engineering plastics industry. Polybutylene succinate (PBS) is expected to be the fastest growing application, at an estimated CAGR of 38.9% from 2014 to 2020, on account of increasing bioplastics demand, particularly in Europe and North America.
Enquiry Before Buying at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/232.
Further Key findings from the study suggest:
- The global demand for bio-succinic acid was 51,000 tons in 2013 and is expected to increase to 593,400 tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 32.2% from 2014 to 2020.
- Polyester Polyols was the second largest application market for bio-succinic acid, and accounted for 10.67% of global demand in 2013. The use of polyester polyols in the manufacturing of polyurethanes coupled with the growing demand for polyurethanes for downstream application industry is expected to be a major driver for bio-succinic acid market.
- Bio-succinic acid can be used as a replacement to various phthalate-based plasticizers, which is expected to unlock significant potential over the forecast period. The European Union has banned the use of certain phthalate plasticizers in production of PVC, spurring a race for the development of alternates to phthalate plasticizers. The plasticizers market is the largest addressable market for bio-succinic acid, being a potential replacement to phthalic anhydride and adipic acid in plasticizer manufacturing.
- Europe was the largest market for bio-succinic acid in 2013, accounting for 49% of the global consumption. The region has witnessed increased preference towards the use of bio-based materials which is expected to be a key driver for the growth of bio-succinic acid market.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing regional market, at an estimated CAGR of 33.9% from 2014 to 2020. The growing application industry in countries such as India and China is expected to be the key consumer of bio-succinic acid over the next six years. In addition, the high cost of petroleum based products is a major factor contributing to development of bio-based products in the region.
- The market was highly consolidated in 2013 with only four companies manufacturing bio-succinic acid on a commercial scale. BioAmber, Reverdia, Myriant and Succinity were commercial manufacturers of bio-succinic acid in 2013 with Succinity being the largest in terms of installed capacity.
Direct link for request sample of this report – http://www.grandviewresearch.com/request/232
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global bio-succinic acid market on the basis of application and region:
- Bio Succinic Acid Market Application Outlook
• Polyester Polyols
• Alkyd Resins
- Bio Succinic Acid Market Regional Outlook
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Browse All Renewable Chemicals Market Research Reports at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/renewable-chemicals.
Related Market Research Reports:
1, 4-Butanediol Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/1-4-butanediol-market) The global market for 1,4-butanediol (1,4-BDO) is expected to reach USD 6,947.1 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growth of footwear industry, mainly in Asia Pacific, is expected to drive the market for 1,4-BDO over the forecast period. In addition, 1,4-BDO is used for manufacturing tetrahydrofuran (THF) which is further used for manufacturing spandex, a raw material for sports apparel. Growing number of global sporting events is expected to augment sport apparel demand, which is likely to reflect in 1,4-BDO market. However, volatile raw material prices coupled with stringent environment regulations, mainly in North America and Europe is expected to be a key challenge for market participants over the next six years.
Adhesives and Sealants Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/adhesives-and-sealants-market) The global market for adhesives and sealants is expected to reach USD 43,195.5 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growth of construction, automotive and packaging industries, mainly in China, India and Brazil is expected to drive the demand for both adhesives and sealants over the forecast period. However, fluctuation in prices of key feedstocks is expected to remain a primary challenge for industry participants. In addition, stringent regulatory framework, mainly in the U.S. and Europe, owing to growing environmental concerns is expected to hinder the market growth over the next six years. In order to overcome the aforementioned challenges
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/Bio-Succinic-Acid-Market/GrandViewResearch/prweb11653418.htm