Grill Safely This Summer With These 5 Tips From Amica
Grilling comes with risks, and that’s why Amica Insurance has five tips for safe grilling.
Lincoln, R.I. (PRWEB) August 07, 2014
There’s nothing better than a backyard barbecue in the summer. However, grilling comes with risks, and that’s why Amica Insurance has five tips for safe grilling.
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), U.S. fire departments responded to an average of 8,800 home and outdoor fires per year from 2007 to 2011, averaging $96 million in property damage annually. More than one-fourth of those fires involved grills.
Amica is sharing the following tips from the NFPA:
- Only grill outside, and make sure to keep the grill a safe distance away from your home.
- Keep children and pets at least three feet away from the grill at all times for their safety.
- Clean the grill regularly. Remove grease and fat buildup to avoid fires.
- Use long-handled barbecue utensils to avoid burns and splatters.
- Most importantly, never leave the grill unattended.
About Amica Insurance
Amica Mutual Insurance Co., the nation’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles, was founded in 1907. The company, based in Lincoln, Rhode Island, is a national writer of auto, home, marine and umbrella insurance. Life coverage is available through Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary. Amica employs more than 3,300 people in 43 offices across the country. For more information, visit Amica.com.
CONTACT: Vince Burks, Corporate Communications, 50 Amica Way, Lincoln, RI 02865-1155, 800-652-6422, ext. 24563
Facebook: Amica Mutual Insurance Co.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/08/prweb12079751.htm