Fishing Hot Spot: Blue River
Fishing hot spot: Blue River
* Why here? The river is dropping and clear; trout are rising.
* What’s hot? Caddis have been hatching from Dillon Dam to Green Mountain Reservoir; midges, pale-morning-duns and green drakes also are on the water.
* Fly box: Elk-Hair-Caddis, PMD and green-drake dry flies; Pheasant Tail, Hare’s Ear and Prince Nymphs.
* Best times: Caddis hatch in the mornings and afternoons, PMDS in the mornings and green drakes in the afternoon.
* How to get there: From Denver, travel west on Interstate 70 to Silverthorne. Look for parking areas along the river.
* Ask the experts: Cutthroat Angler shop in Silverthorne, 1-970- 262-2878.
* Fishing report: For the Colorado Division of Wildlife’s complete fishing report, visit RockyMountain News.com/ fishing- report
(c) 2008 Rocky Mountain News. Provided by ProQuest Information and Learning. All rights Reserved.