Quantcast

Limoncito Punta Leona, Costa Rica, Opens for Reservations; Development to Continue Resort’s History of Environmental and Social Responsibility

July 24, 2008

Lyman Public Relations

Abbi Holtom, 775-841-7492

abbi@lymanpr.com

Logo: http://www.limoncitolife.com/

Limoncito, a new luxury 58-room condo-hotel located within the gated community of Punta Leona, Costa Rica, today opened for reservations, giving buyers the opportunity to purchase real estate in a resort where owners will not just admire nature–they also will be actively involved in protecting it.

Limoncito will be a retreat surrounded by some of Costa Rica’s most spectacular natural attractions. In addition to purchasing a luxury residence, owners are also buying into the large nature reserve surrounding the site, protecting views, jungle and wildlife habitat. Prices start at $275,000 for a one-bedroom, $440,000 for two bedrooms and $700,000 for three bedrooms. A limited number of penthouse suites are also available.

The Limoncito property consists of 55-acres, of which no more than 20 percent will be developed. The resort will keep the remaining 80 percent of the land as a permanent nature reserve ensuring the towering trees and jungle ambiance will continue to enhance the life of those who own at Limoncito. New buyers will also join Punta Leona’s existing residents – brilliantly colored scarlet macaw parrots and white-faced monkeys, which are two of the common animals protected on the resort property.

A History of Environmental Responsibility

Punta Leona resort has a track record of environment responsibility with the most distinctive example being the success of Punta Leona’s Scarlet Macaw Nesting program. Ten years ago, when the local macaw population began to decline at an alarming rate, Punta Leona participated in building artificial nests in a protected area adjacent to the community. Since then the local Macaw population has doubled, and now is intermingling and breeding with flocks outside the area.

The resort community has three Blue Flag-rated beaches, one which, for the fourth consecutive year, won a four-star Blue Flag rating, bestowed upon beaches that measure up to a list of environmental and security requisites. Punta Leona’s beach was the only one in the country to receive the four-star rating, the highest that the program awards.

Building a Sustainable Legacy

In keeping with its priority on environmental preservation, Limoncito placed an emphasis on locally sourced materials whenever possible, with teak floors are from a nearby family-owned teak farm, where the wood is harvested by ox cart. All doors will be made from Melina and also harvested from the family-owned plantation, as opposed to using lumber from the native forest. To preserve water, all suites will incorporate dual-flush commodes.

Transportation within the resort also is designed with an eye towards environmental responsibility. Limoncito will encourage the use of electric golf carts throughout the community, enabling owners to reduce dependence on their cars. An electric shuttle system throughout the resort will serve as another means of transportation.

Other environmentally sustainable actions undertaken by the resort include using gray water for landscape irrigation, using sustainable building practices, initiating a wetland management plan and onsite recycling program and participating in community-based initiatives including a reforestation program that has planted more than 30,000 trees.

Limoncito guests will find an extensive network of jungle hiking and mountain biking trails, a resident naturalist expert and guide, a zip line tour of the jungle canopy and butterfly farm among the many opportunities to explore and interact with the Costa Rican environment.

For more information about real estate reservations at Limoncito, please visit www.limoncitolife.com.

(c) 2008 BUSINESS WIRE. Provided by ProQuest Information and Learning. All rights Reserved.




comments powered by Disqus