October 4, 2008
Tree Debris Removal Ongoing
By Staff Report
Here is a status report on the tree debris removal for Centerville and Washington Twp. residents:
Centerville public works crews will be assisting city property owners over the next several weeks with the removal of tree limbs and other treerelated debris from the Sept. 14 windstorm.
Property owners are asked to take all tree-related debris to the curb. Do not place any debris in the roadway or block the sidewalk.
Cutting and bundling is not required for large branches as street crews will be equipped with chain saws.
Residents are encouraged to continue to tie up small branches and yard debris into bundles less than 4 feet in length and less than 40 pounds to be removed with their regular weekly refuse service.
This is a free, emergencyrelated service that is being offered for storm-related debris only.
Residents using tree removal contractors for storm-related work are encouraged to have the debris and trimmings removed by the service.
Centerville city crews will make every effort to continue to circulate throughout the community over the next several weeks in an effort to remove storm-related debris.
If you have specific questions or need additional information, call the Centerville Municipal Building at (937) 433-7151.
- For tree limbs up to 2 inches in diameter: Place in bundles no larger than 4 feet long and 2 feet wide and place at the curb. Place this with your trash.
Please note that trash haulers have established limits on the number of bundles they will take. You should contact your hauler (phone number below) for more details regarding this limitation.
- Tree limbs 2 to 4 inches in diameter: These do not need to be bundled. Limbs should be taken to the curb and placed perpendicular to the street so that township crews can easily move them into chippers.
- Tree limbs larger than 4 inches in diameter: The homeowner is responsible for their removal. Do not bring these to the curb. Private contractors are available to assist with removal.
All three private trash haulers have signed a Letter of Understanding in which they agree to collect bundled limbs up to 2 inches in diameter at no additional charge beyond normal fees. Trash haulers, however, have established limits on the number of bundles they will take.
- Waste Management: (800) 343-6047
- Rumpke Waste Removal and Recycling: (937) 461-0004
- Allied Waste Systems (formerly Dempsey Waste): (937) 268-8110
If you have questions, contact Washington Twp. at (937) 433-0152 (Government Center), (937) 433-0151 (Public Works) or visit www.washingtontwp.org for updated information.
The Montgomery County Solid Waste District has reduced the standard fee for yard waste disposal.
Based on the reduced fee, a typical pickup truck load will cost about $12.
The transfer station is at 1001 Encrete Lane, Moraine. Operating hours are 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays.
For more information, call (937) 225-4999.
(c) 2008 Dayton Daily News. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.