Jenny Craig expands peanut product recall
Jenny Craig Inc. is expanding the recall of its products containing peanut ingredients manufactured by the Peanut Corporation of America.
PCA is under investigation by federal agencies and some state authorities for the salmonella contamination of its peanuts and peanut paste, butter and granules.
The Jenny Craig recall expansion includes certain products sold in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
A listing of all products being recalled in the salmonella outbreak — including lot numbers and other identification information — is available from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration at http://www.fda.gov/oc/opacom/hottopics/salmonellatyph/recalls.html.
Other companies issuing recent nationwide recalls include:
– Michaelene’s Gourmet Granola: Michaelene’s-brand organic
Fat Chance honey and
Heavenly Organic granola.
– Marathon Ventures Inc.: Redskin and dry roasted peanuts sold under the Herman’s Nut House and Pear’s Gourmet labels.
– Austinuts Wholesale Inc.: Austinuts-brand organic dry roasted, salted and unsalted peanuts.
–Palmer Candy Co.: Palmer-, Laura Lynn-, Eagle Premium-, Spartan-, Food Club-, HyVee-, Best Choice-, Shurfine Western Family-, Shurfresh-, Sconza-, Food Lion- and Wal-Mart-brand bagged chocolate peanut clusters.
– U.S. Nutrition: Met-Rx Protein Plus-brand chocolate roasted peanut with caramel bars.
– Potent Foods Inc.: Potent Foods Life-brand bars, including bittersweet cacao crunch, whole goji berry, Himalayan pink salty peanuts, cherry chocolate and boku super bars.
– Just Deserts: Six-inch peanut butter creme cakes.
No major brands of peanut butter sold in jars are included in the recalls.