Additional pistachio recalls are announced
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced more recalls involving possible contaminated pistachios produced by Setton Farms Inc.
The California company last week expanded its nationwide recall of roasted shelled and in-shell pistachios from its entire 2008 crop due to the potential of salmonella contamination.
Among the latest recalls was the Harry & David company of Medford, Ore., initiating a nationwide recall of six Harry & David products containing pistachios that might be part of the Setton Farms recall.
The Harry & David products were distributed across the United States and Canada. Consumers with questions can contact the company at 800-233-1101.
Other recent pistachio recalls included:
– Powers Candy and Nut Co.: Approximately 16,000 pounds of Power Snack Time-brand pistachios sold nationally.
– Werner Gourmet Meat Snacks Inc.: Werner-brand garlic flavored and jalapeno flavored pistachio items sold nationally.
– Ashdon Farms: Certain 7.5-oz Girl Scouts-brand pistachios packed in pop-top cans with code dates beginning with 8264A6, 8266B6, 8297A6, 8297B6 or 8318A6 on the bottom of the can.
– QSP Inc.: Pleasantville Farms-brand 7.5-oz pop-top cans with a best buy date of
10/15/09 that were distributed nationwide to schools and organizations as part of fundraising programs.
– Eillien’s Candies Inc.: Various types of Eillien’s-brand pistachio nuts with sell dates prior to
1/08/10 sold in California, Colorado, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
– Hickory Harvest Foods: Hickory Harvest- and I M Good-brand pistachios sold nationwide.