Space Flight Review members named
The U.S. space agency has identified the members of the Review of U.S. Human Space Flight Plans Committee.
Norman Augustine, retired chairman of the Lockheed Martin Corp. will lead the committee. Augustine was a member of the President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology under Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush.
Other members include:
– Wanda Austin, president of The Aerospace Corp.
– Bohdan Bejmuk, chairman of NASA’s Constellation program Standing Review Board.
– Leroy Chiao, former astronaut, former International Space Station commander and engineering consultant.
– Christopher Chyba, professor of astrophysical sciences at Princeton University and a member of the President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology.
– Edward Crawley, a Massachusetts Institute of Technology professor and co-chairman of the NASA Exploration Technology Development Program Review Committee.
– Jeffrey Greason, co-founder and CEO of XCOR Aerospace.
– Charles Kennel, chairman of the National Academies Space Studies Board.
– Retired Air Force Gen. Lester Lyles, chairman of the National Academies Committee on the Rationale and Goals of the U.S. Civil Space Program.
– Sally Ride, former astronaut and professor emerita at the University of California-San Diego.