Science News Archive - April 09, 2006
BEIJING (Reuters) - China plans to set up its first reserve for the endangered white dolphin off the coast of the southern city of Zhuhai in the southern Guangdong province, the official Xinhua news agency reported on Sunday.
Conservationists and artists gathered at the edge of the Great Rift Valley in Kenya on Sunday to put an end to bad publicity they say migratory birds receive as the main vectors for spreading avian flu.
Kenyan children recited poems and Peruvian artists portrayed migrating birds alongside dozens of performers and conservationists gathered in Kenya to celebrate World Migratory Bird Day.
By Nick Tattersall NOUAKCHOTT (Reuters) - Harouna Diop remembers the days when there were only six small wooden fishing boats working the waters off Nouakchott's barren coastline.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.