Science News Archive - July 10, 2007
Hitachi Chemical Co., Ltd. (Hitachi Chemical) and
It's 110 degrees, hardly a heat wave for Death Valley. And in a small, bathtub-warm pool below a steep, rocky incline, small fish appear to be at play, darting and chasing each other through patches of algae.
Aurora Organic Dairy, a leading U.S. provider of high-quality private label organic milk and butter, today announced that organic milk production has begun at its Coldwater West organic dairy farm near Stratford, Texas.
Land from a 2,000-acre wilderness area in Rhea County will become part of a 300-mile state park stretching from Georgia to Kentucky, state officials say.
Thousands of tiny 2-week-old lobsters were released into Maine waters during the weekend as part of an ongoing effort to keep the state's lobster populations strong.
While the seashore mallow might be handy for a quick snack, the sturdy plant has provided Gallagher food for thought in addressing a smorgasbord of environmental problems, from global warming to the disappearance of coastal farmland.
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.