How ESA And Industry Will Work Together In The Future
ESA and industry have built a strong relationship in the 35 years they have worked together. But with changing times, we should review this relationship to see what has worked well and what needs to be improved, so that it continues to grow.
On 10 May, the last of a series of workshops at the various ESA establishments concluded at ESRIN in Frascati, Italy. Part of a ℠consultation with industry´ process, each workshop dealt with a number of important topics regarding the cooperation between ESA, industry and Member States.
Participating in these workshops have been ESA experts, Member State delegates and representatives from Eurospace, ESOA, EARSC, SME4Space, large and medium system integrators, equipment suppliers, operators and SMEs.
During the workshops, the ESA Executive gathered reflections and comments from industry into a set of conclusions and recommendations that will now be presented and discussed at the Concluding Conference.
Concluding Conference at ESTEC
ESA and Eurospace are inviting European industry to participate in this event on 29 May at ESTEC, Noordwijk, the Netherlands, to voice concerns, questions and comments.
During the event, industry will be able to meet and discuss with ESA´s Director General, Jean-Jacques Dordain, Directors and experts, as well as Member States representatives.
The conclusions to be discussed and debated will cover:
- Technology Innovation Schemes
- Innovation by Public-Private Partnerships
- Innovation in spacecraft and mission design
- Worldwide competitiveness
- Competitiveness in institutional programs
- Industrial policy and competitiveness
- Procurement policy; procurement based on objectives or user requirements
- Dialogue with industry in support of procurement
- Risk management and fixed price contracts
- IPR and fair contribution versus fair return
To participate in this important event, please register online via the ESA Conference registration site.
Industrial and Procurement Policy Officer