Taylor Swift Set to Reign As Venus(R) Embrace(TM) ‘Goddess of Summer’
BOSTON, July 29 /PRNewswire/ — When Venus Embrace [PG] noticed a talented, charismatic and barefoot Taylor Swift nabbing top prizes at this year’s Country Music Television Awards, they knew that they were watching a Goddess in the making. To honor the songbird’s confidence, sense of fun and goddess-worthy legs, Venus Embrace has named Taylor Swift the brand’s “Goddess of Summer.”
(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20080729/NYTU114 )
During her reign as the Venus Embrace “Goddess of Summer,” Taylor Swift will share her favorite summer beauty advice with fans, encouraging women and young girls to be confident and to embrace the fun side of summer. Beginning August 15, Taylor’s beauty secrets will be available throughout the summer on the Venus Embrace Web site [http://www.venusembrace.com]/.
“This has been an amazing year for me — and my new ‘Goddess of Summer’ role is a fun way for me to connect with my fans,” said Taylor Swift. “I’m excited to share my summer must-haves with everyone — including my newest favorite beauty item, Venus Embrace. Venus sent me the new Embrace razors after the CMT Awards, and my legs are smoother than ever. Now I can go barefoot all summer long!”
Summer beauty advice from Taylor Swift includes:
1. Have Fun with Color — A variety of eyeliners are a must if you have light eyes. Using a simple liner pencil is a quick and easy way to highlight your eyes, and to play around with crazy colors for a fun look.
2. Embrace Smooth Legs — A good razor is a definite must, especially during the summertime. Try the new 5-blade Venus Embrace, which hugs your curves and keeps your legs feeling super smooth.
3. Ride the Waves and Go Crazy with Curls! — Summer is the time for shape and body! Whether going out dancing or dressing up for a nice dinner, a spiral curling iron can give your hair some extra bounce. Also, always take a defining spray or gel with you to the beach and apply it to your hair after swimming for a quick way to get awesome “beachy” waves.
4. Sundress to Impress — Sundresses are the perfect summer outfits and can make a smooth transition from the beach to a night on the town. Pair a white sundress with flip-flops and a cute tan, and embrace the fun, laid-back side of summer.
5. Go Bohemian — This look calls for a massive amount of accessories! Tie a silk scarf around your neck or head, bust out your huge cloth bag, and adorn yourself with leather bracelets, beads, big sunglasses and hoop earrings.
6. End the Day like a Goddess — Nothing is more relaxing than a long bath while listening to your favorite music. Add some candles and you’ll have a relaxing experience that will leave you feeling like the princess you are!
According to a recent survey conducted by Marie Claire, 86% of the magazine’s reader panel respondents agreed that Venus Embrace is this season’s “beauty must-have.” Venus Embrace is the most advanced female shaving system ever, with five blades surrounded by a Protective Ribbon of Moisture that provides a smooth, comfortable shave. Five curve-hugging blades individually adjust to stay in contact with the skin — even around such tricky shaving areas as the knees and ankles — getting virtually every hair for dramatically smooth skin, helping women to feel feminine and confident.
More than 40 million women currently use Venus products and, since its launch in 2001, the Venus family has become the number one female shaving brand in the world.
ABOUT TAYLOR SWIFT
Widely hailed as the first bonafide country music star of the MySpace generation, 18-year-old Taylor Swift currently has singles climbing both the country and pop radio charts. At the age of 17, Taylor became the youngest person to single-handedly write and sing a number-one country single entirely on her own (“Our Song” spent 6 consecutive weeks at #1 atop Billboard’s Country Singles Chart), and she is the first female solo artist in country music history to write or co-write every song on a platinum-selling debut CD. At 14, she signed a publishing deal with Sony/ATV Music, and in 2006 released her self-titled debut CD on Big Machine Records. Taylor Swift has reached triple-platinum (3 million sales) status and has spent 19 weeks so far in the #1 position atop Billboard’s Country CD Sales Chart. Taylor is consistently ranked Country’s #1 artist on MySpace, and was named Country Music’s Hottest Female Artist of 2007 by AOL Music and Best New Artist of 2007 by the editors of iTunes.
About Procter & Gamble
Three billion times a day, P&G brands touch the lives of people around the world. The company has one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Pampers(R), Tide(R), Ariel(R), Always(R), Whisper(R), Pantene(R), Mach3(R), Bounty(R), Dawn(R), Gain(R), Pringles(R), Folgers(R), Charmin(R), Downy(R), Lenor(R), Iams(R), Crest(R), Oral-B(R), Actonel(R), Duracell(R), Olay(R), Head & Shoulders(R), Wella(R), Gillette(R), and Braun(R). The P&G community consists of 138,000 employees working in over 80 countries worldwide. Please visit http://www.pg.com/ for the latest news and in-depth information about P&G and its brands.
Photo: NewsCom: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20080729/NYTU114AP Archive: http://photoarchive.ap.org/AP PhotoExpress Network: PRN11PRN Photo Desk, email@example.com
Procter & Gamble
CONTACT: Venus: Kara Buckley, +1-617-421-7452; or Porter Novelli:Courtney Lewis, +1-212-601-8021, or Richard Small, +1-212-601-8187, all forProcter & Gamble
Web site: http://www.pg.com/http://www.venusembrace.com/