NASA Announces Televised Black Hole Press Conference
WASHINGTON, June 8, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — NASA will hold a press conference at 1:00 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, June 15, to discuss new discoveries about giant black holes in the early universe.
The event will be in the NASA Headquarters Webb auditorium located at 300 E Street SW in Washington. NASA Television and the agency’s website will broadcast the event live.
The panelists for the announcement are:
– Wilt Sanders, Chandra program scientist, NASA Headquarters, Washington
– Ezequiel Treister, astrophysicist, University of Hawaii, Hilo
– Kevin Schawinski, astrophysicist, Yale University, New Haven
– Priya Natarajan, professor, Yale University
– Mitchell Begelman, professor, University of Colorado, Boulder
Reporters may attend the event, join by phone, or ask questions from participating NASA locations. To RSVP or obtain dial-in information, journalists must contact Trent Perrotto at email@example.com with their name, media affiliation and work telephone number by 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, June 15.
For NASA TV streaming video, downlink and schedule information, visit:
For more information about NASA’s Chandra X-ray Observatory, visit: