August 3, 2011
NASA Announces News Briefing On Mars Orbiter Science Finding
Science Journal Has Embargoed Details Until 2 p.m. EDT on Aug. 4
NASA will host a news briefing on Thursday, Aug. 4, at 2 p.m. EDT about a significant new Mars science finding. The briefing will be held in the NASA Headquarters James E. Webb Auditorium, 300 E St. SW in Washington.
The briefing panelists are:
- Philip Christensen, geophysicist, Arizona State University, Tempe
- Colin Dundas, research geologist, U.S. Geological Survey, Flagstaff, Ariz.
- Alfred McEwen, planetary geologist, University of Arizona, Tucson
- Michael Meyer, Mars Exploration Program lead scientist, NASA Headquarters
- Lisa Pratt, biogeochemist, Indiana University, Bloomington
Reporters unable to attend in person may ask questions from participating NASA centers or by telephone. To participate by phone, reporters must contact Grey Hautaluoma at 202-358-0668 or [email protected] by 11 a.m. on Aug. 4.
The news briefing will air live on NASA Television and the agency's website. For NASA TV streaming video, downlink and scheduling information, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/ntv
The event also will be carried live on Ustream, with a live chat box available, at: http://www.ustream.tv/nasajpl2