Space News Archive - July 22, 2012
In what can be described as a melding of astronomy and post-Impressionist art, one NASA solar scientist has developed a new technique that uses bright, bold colors to share information about the heating and cooling of various parts of the sun.
Researchers announced Friday that they had successfully achieved "first light" at low frequencies using the Jansky Very Large Array (JVLA) radio astronomy telescope.
NASA, the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the State Department and Nike Inc. opened the fourth installment of the LAUNCH initiative Friday.
Marking the 43rd anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing, NASA has added an extensive collection of historical video, audio, photographs and documents to iTunes U.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.