Quantcast

Report: Lakers withdraw Lamar Odom offer

July 15, 2009

The NBA champion Los Angeles Lakers have withdrawn their latest contract offer to free agent forward Lamar Odom, the Orange County Register said.

The 10-year veteran had been offered a $30 million three-year contract or a $36 million four-year contract. He made $11.4 million last season and had said earlier this year he would take less money to stay in Los Angeles.

The report said Dallas and Miami, teams believed to be pursuing the 6-foot-10 forward, can offer him only the mid-level exemption of $5.8 million over a possible five years.

Any businessman wants the most money as possible, Odom told the newspaper this week at the team’s championship DVD screening.

General Manager Mitch Kupchak said Tuesday he was not as hopeful of re-signing Odom as he had been earlier.

Odom averaged 11.3 points and more than eight rebounds in 78 games while helping the Lakers win their 15th NBA title last season.


Source: upi



comments powered by Disqus