Broadcom Announces Industry’s First Central Office VDSL2 Chipset With Integrated G.Vector Technology
PARIS, Sept. 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Broadband World Forum (BBWF) –
- First VDSL2 central office chipset to integrate G.vector, the ITU-T’s newest standard to reduce DSL crosstalk noise.
- G.vector substantially increases VDSL2 coverage, almost doubling reach of 50Mbps and 100Mbps services to 1km and 400m respectively.
- Support for high-density line-card level vectoring while scalable to chassis level vectoring for large nodes.
- Drives deployment of superior next generation IPTV and mobile broadband capacity and copper plant manageability, and extends service reach to more households while reusing existing copper infrastructure.
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a global innovation leader in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications, today announced the industry’s first Central Office (CO) VDSL2 SoC that integrates vectoring technology, removing crosstalk interference and proliferating higher-speed Internet, IPTV and mobile broadband services. Find out more at Broadcom @ BBWF.
Broadcom’s new BCM65300 VDSL2 G.vector Central Office SoC increases capacity (throughput/data rates) on infrastructure equipment and extends the value and reach of broadband services to more households by leveraging the company’s third generation of standards compliant VDSL2 technology and existing knowledgebase of real-world deployments.
- By integrating vectoring and bonding on the BCM65300 VDSL2 CO SoC, Broadcom’s technology adds performance consistency across lines while extending reach and broadband speeds, reducing costs and protecting investments in existing copper infrastructure. Key innovations include:
- Increased line performance in crosstalk dominated binders with integrated G.vector (ITU-T G.993.5) technology that reduces the interference from subscriber lines located in the same cable binder. Broadcom’s technology accurately estimates and significantly reduces such crosstalk noise on copper wire across an entire node.
- Further supports high capacity vectored services with integrated ATM and PTM channel bonding capability.
- Support for critical features required to enable robust G.vector deployment such as G.inp, SRA and SoS.
- Enables deployment of additional bandwidth-intensive services and high-speed Internet access to new households within a service area.
- Scalable to chassis level vectoring technology to reduce costs, further increase capacity and extend a network’s reach.
- Increased density and reduced power consumption with complete BCM65300, BCM65800, BCM65040 DSP, analog front-end, and class H line driver solution.
- Supports direct Gigabit Ethernet connectivity via innovative G.999.1 interface.
- Supports all bands ADSL2+ through 30Mhz VDSL2, building on the industry’s largest ADSL2+/VDSL2 central office footprint.
- Compatible with existing and previously fielded Broadcom CPE products.
- The BCM65300 CO VDSL2 SoC is available now.
Greg Fischer, VP & GM, Broadband Carrier Access, Broadcom
“Broadcom’s latest VDSL2 design with vectoring is a bandwidth breakthrough that enables service providers to rapidly and cost-effectively deliver higher-speed VDSL2 broadband and IPTV services with enhanced reach and greatly enhanced consistency.”
Subscribe to RSS Feed: Broadband Communications Group
LEARN MORE: Broadcom @ BBWF
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a FORTUNE 500Ã‚® company, is a global leader and innovator in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications. BroadcomÃ‚® products seamlessly deliver voice, video, data and multimedia connectivity in the home, office and mobile environments. With the industry’s broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art system-on-a-chip and embedded software solutions, Broadcom is changing the world by Connecting everythingÃ‚®. For more information, go to www.broadcom.com.
BroadcomÃ‚®, the pulse logo, Connecting everythingÃ‚®, and the Connecting everything logo are among the trademarks of Broadcom Corporation and/or its affiliates in the United States, certain other countries and/or the EU. Any other trademarks or trade names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
Contacts Investor Media Relations Relations Dana Brzozkiewicz Chris Zegarelli Director, Public Relations Investor Manager Relations 949-926-6367 949-926-7567 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Broadcom Corporation; BRCM Broadband