Broadcom Unveils Breakthrough Integration on xDSL Integrated Access Device Platform
PARIS, Sept. 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Broadband World Forum (BBWF) –
- Industry’s first all-in-one IAD SoC to integrate multi-mode ADSL2+/VDSL2, supporting channel bonding and G.vector with 802.11n, DECT, VoIP and Ethernet Switching into a single chip.
- Leverages Broadcom’s leadership in xDSL to provide significant cost and power savings in a smaller footprint.
- Broadcom demonstrations at BBWF will feature next gen reference designs, ushering in new applications for home automation and whole home connectivity.
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a global innovation leader in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications, today announced the industry’s first single-chip multi-mode ADSL2+/VDSL2 Integrated Access Device (IAD) SoC with an unprecedented level of integration, delivering triple play services throughout the home. Find out more at Broadcom @ BBWF.
The new Broadcom BCM63168 xDSL IAD SoC integrates 802.11n, Gigabit Ethernet Switching, DECT, VoIP, Packet and Quality of Service Acceleration, and xDSL transceiver supporting Channel Bonding and G.vector into a single chip. This achievement enables carriers to meet the growing demand for triple play services with significant cost, size and power savings. Additionally, it deploys a higher performing, remotely manageable and eCOC compliant solution.
- The BCM63168 xDSL IAD SoC combines Broadcom’s DSL industry leadership and proven ability in designing complete ADSL2+/VDSL2 carrier access solutions to reduce overall system cost and power, and meet the growing demands for high-bandwidth triple play services. Key features include:
- Multi-mode xDSL transceiver with seamless fallback supporting G.inp, G.vector and channel bonding.
- High performance 400MHz dual-core MIPS CPU with packet and Quality of Service offload for advanced routing and service provided applications.
- Dual-band selectable 802.11n for wireless connectivity throughout the home.
- Gigabit Ethernet Switching with integrated Ethernet PHYs and multiple RGMII ports for flexible expansion and connectivity.
- Multi-channel HD-voice.
- Robust DECT/CAT-iq/ULE compliant core for cordless telephone support and home automation.
- Expansion ports such as PCIe for dual-band concurrent 802.11n and USB 2.0 for printers, cameras and mass storage.
- Advanced, seamless power management functionality that addresses European Code of Conduct requirements.
- Complete, hardened and turnkey software environment.
- Broadcom will showcase several new reference designs based on the BCM63168 at BBWF 2011 including:
- xDSL Home Gateway Platform with integrated HomePlugÃ‚® AV Powerline Communications (PLC) and Wi-Fi for multi-mode whole-home connectivity. Also features dual-band concurrent Wi-Fi for high performance triple-play connectivity.
- Advanced VDSL physical layer rates via G.vector and Channel Bonding.
- DECT Ultra Low Energy (ULE) capability for home automation.
Greg Fischer, VP & GM, Broadband Carrier Access, Broadcom
“Broadcom’s industry first BCM63168 xDSL IAD solution offers carriers a complete system that realizes significant cost and power savings, ushering in high-bandwidth triple play services. We look forward to showcasing next generation reference designs, which will open the market to new applications for home automation and whole-home connectivity.”
Subscribe to RSS Feed: Broadband Communications Group
LEARN MORE: Broadcom @ BBWF
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a FORTUNE 500Ã‚® company, is a global leader and innovator in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications. BroadcomÃ‚® products seamlessly deliver voice, video, data and multimedia connectivity in the home, office and mobile environments. With the industry’s broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art system-on-a-chip and embedded software solutions, Broadcom is changing the world by Connecting everythingÃ‚®. For more information, go to www.broadcom.com.
BroadcomÃ‚®, the pulse logo, Connecting everythingÃ‚®, and the Connecting everything logo are among the trademarks of Broadcom Corporation and/or its affiliates in the United States, certain other countries and/or the EU. Any other trademarks or trade names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
Contacts Media Relations Investor Relations Dana Brzozkiewicz Chris Zegarelli Public Relations Manager Director, Investor Relations 949-926-6367 949-926-7567 firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
SOURCE Broadcom Corporation; BRCM Broadband