Coverity Unveils Industry’s First Development Testing Platform
SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Coverity, Inc., the development testing leader, today announced the industry’s first developer-friendly and enterprise ready development testing platform, Coverity 5.5. With enhancements to analysis speed in its core technology, CoverityÃ‚® Static Analysis, and integrations with some of the most widely-used development technologies, Coverity 5.5 makes development testing a seamless part of the development process, so developers can focus on innovation and deliver high quality products on schedule and on budget.
“What struck us most about Coverity 5.5 is the speed of analysis – our analysis runs in just minutes- as well as the depth and accuracy of the results,” said Lou Montulli, VP of Engineering, at Zetta.net. “Development testing is an important part of our process to help eliminate software defects that could critically impact the performance of our products. From developer usability to management visibility, Coverity 5.5 makes the process of finding and fixing defects so easy for our development team that it is a natural part of their everyday workflow, not a chore or an afterthought.”
“Software will continue to be complex, and the only way to effectively manage this complexity is to integrate testing into every phase of the lifecycle,” said Theresa Lanowitz, founder of voke, inc. “With the release of Coverity 5.5, Coverity is continuing on its path of transforming the testing market by solving a classic computing problem in a way that is easy for developers to adopt, which ultimately raises the strategic importance of development to the business. Coverity’s development testing platform is real innovation and will move the entire testing market forward.”
New features in Coverity 5.5 include:
- Enhanced Analysis Speed and Test Coverage: Experience up to 10x analysis speed improvements to find and fix critical defects as early as possible. Over 20 new or enhanced checkers deliver even greater accuracy of results.
- FindBugs(TM) Integration for Enhanced Java Analysis: Get more value out of FindBugs with a version specifically configured for use and included with Coverity 5.5. With no extra installation or configuration required, developers can review, prioritize and fix FindBugs and Coverity-found defects in a single workflow.
- Jenkins Continuous Integration Server Integration: Automatically test code for defects with every build as part of an Agile development workflow.
- Developer Workflow Integration: Find, verify, and fix code defects directly within the Eclipse or Visual Studio IDE with an enhanced desktop analysis plug-in.
- Enterprise Deployment: Support cross-team and project deployment by integrating third party static analysis tools into the Coverity workflow. Import third party data into CoverityÃ‚® Integrity Control for centralized policy management and measurement of code quality, security, technical debt, and developer efficiency.
- Compliance Policy Management: Coverity Integrity Control 2.0 includes pre-built policy templates for FDA and DISA STIG standards to ease the time and cost of software verification and validation.
“We are an integral part of the development process at over 1,100 companies, so we understand how developers work. The biggest roadblock to the adoption of development testing technologies like static analysis is the fear that it will slow them down or create more work. But that doesn’t have to be the case,” said Ezi Boteach, VP of Products at Coverity. “With Coverity 5.5, it was extremely important for us to bring static analysis right into the developers’ workflow, integrated with the development tools they use every day, so that testing becomes a seamless part of their process. Making development testing as easy as possible ensures higher quality software and better products in the long run.”
Additionally, today Coverity announced the integration of Coverity 5.5 with HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) to bring development testing into the application lifecycle. The combined solution provides IT with a new level of visibility into development by incorporating code quality into the overall definition and view of application quality, greatly reducing the risk of application quality issues in production without impacting time, cost or agility.
See Coverity 5.5 live in action at JavaOne in San Francisco, from October 3-6 at Kiosk #4, or visit us at www.coverity.com/developmenttesting.
Coverity, Inc. (www.coverity.com), the development testing leader, is the trusted standard for companies that need to protect their brands and bottom lines from software failures. More than 1,100 Coverity customers use Coverity’s development testing suite of products to automatically test source code for software defects that could lead to product crashes, unexpected behavior, security breaches, or catastrophic failure. Coverity is a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco. Coverity is funded by Foundation Capital and Benchmark Capital. Follow us on Twitter or check out our blog.
SOURCE Coverity, Inc.