Breast Cancer Video Packs Powerful Punch
LANCASTER, Pa., Oct. 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Using YouTube, Lancaster General Health’s (LG Health) Cancer Center in Lancaster, PA, in partnership with the Penn Cancer Network in Philadelphia, is sending a powerful message of breast cancer awareness during October, National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
The “We fight breast cancer with a 1-2 punch” video http://bit.ly/LancasterGeneralHealth is a compelling message to music in which viewers learn that:
- 1 in almost every 8 women will develop breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the leading cause of cancer death among women ages 35 to 54.
- The risk for developing breast cancer increases as a woman ages.
- The mortality rate from breast cancer could decrease by 30% if all women age 40 and older had an annual mammogram.
- The majority of breast cancer cases are sporadic (meaning there is no direct family history of the disease.)
- Screened women continue to have a significantly lower breast cancer mortality risk compared with unscreened women.
- Mammography screening reduces breast cancer deaths.
Through the Penn Cancer Network, Lancaster General Health patients have access to Penn’s Abramson Cancer Center in Philadelphia for second opinions, referrals, clinical trials and Penn’s Cancer Risk Evaluation Program at LG Health. Visit www.LGHealth.org/cancer for more information.
SOURCE Lancaster General Health