Staying Connected and Protected This Halloween
SAN DIEGO, Oct. 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — As the seasons turn, kids are seeking out the coolest costumes, prepping for haunted Halloween happenings and of course planning to score bags and bags of trick-or-treat candy. However, families need to make sure their children are prepared and not scared as they go out into the Halloween night.
While adults may be accustomed to practicing tips and tricks for staying safe on Halloween, young kids, some of whom might be going trick-or-treating without mom or dad for the first time, need to be reminded of them. To help, Cricket Communications, a leading provider of innovative and value-driven wireless services, is offering tips to make sure fun doesn’t turn into fright this Halloween.
One of the best ways to stay safe and connected is by cell phone. Cricket makes it easy and fun at a great value by offering no contract wireless plans on its nationwide network and the coolest devices that kids love.
Check out these additional Halloween safety tips before your little monsters head out:
- A parent or responsible adult should always accompany young children on their neighborhood rounds.
- If your older children are going alone, plan and review the route that is acceptable to you. Agree on a specific time when they should return home.
- Carry a cell phone for quick communication.
- Teach children how to call 9-1-1 (or their local emergency number) if they have an emergency or become lost.
- Remain on well-lit streets and always use the sidewalk.
- Wait until children are home to sort and check treats. Though tampering is rare, a responsible adult should closely examine all treats and throw away any spoiled, unwrapped or suspicious items.
Tips from the American Academy of Pediatrics
Cricket is the pioneer of simple and affordable unlimited wireless services with no long-term commitments or credit checks required serving approximately 5.7 million customers. Cricket products are available nationwide. Cricket offers wireless voice and broadband Internet services over the latest technology, high-quality, all-digital 3G CDMA2000 1X and 1xEV-DO wireless network. Cricket’s nationwide wireless voice service plans include unlimited anytime minutes, unlimited U.S. long distance, unlimited text and picture messaging, unlimited text to Mexico, unlimited Mobile Web, unlimited directory assistance, as well as a variety of calling features and feature-rich mobile applications such as popular games, ringtones and wallpapers. For more information on Cricket, visit www.mycricket.com. Cricket is offered by Leap Wireless International, Inc., headquartered in San Diego, Calif. For more information on Leap, visit www.leapwireless.com.
SOURCE Cricket Communications, Inc.