European Insurance Giant Transforms Business Processes with EMC Documentum xCP
BERLIN, Nov. 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ – At Momentum, the EMC Information Intelligence Group’s global user conference, EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced that Generali Hellas, a member of the Generali Group (Assicurazioni Generali S.p.A.), the largest European insurance group and second largest global financial insurance company, has significantly enhanced its competitive position and operational efficiencies by deploying EMCÃ‚® DocumentumÃ‚® xCP, an integrated platform for building dynamic business solutions and an action engine for Big Data.
- Insurance Application Processing Time Shrunk from Weeks to Days: EMC Documentum xCP combines enterprise content management (ECM), business process management (BPM), intelligent capture, and compliance management, to increase productivity and decision making. Generali has accelerated insurance application processing time from weeks to days.
- Improved Efficiency and Service Quality: Web-based access, activity monitoring and reporting transforms Generali’s insurance application processing. Processes are streamlined and coordinated across functional boundaries both inside and outside the organization, providing the visibility into business operations to improve decision quality and service levels.
- Massive Cost Savings via Near-Paperless Environment: Last year, the company printed nearly two million pages of paper for its agents to service its customers. They are now largely paperless, massively reducing costs associated with printing, postage, and fulfillment.
- Legislative Compliance: Retention management positions Generali for their current and pending compliance with certain laws, such as Solvency II.
Founded in 1886, Generali Hellas is the oldest insurer in Greece. The company offers a wide range of specialized Life and non-life insurance products, and has shown particularly rapid growth, effectively tripling its portfolio over the past decade. Generali Hellas’ previous information management infrastructure was impacting its ability to support its business strategy and competitive position. Generali evaluated several ECM, BPM, and capture solution providers, and selected EMC Documentum xCP as the most comprehensive solution to replace its legacy system.
Elias Mandouvalos, Assistant IT Manager, Generali Hellas
“EMC Documentum xCP was by far the most complete offering on the market with integrated ECM, BPM and capture. We conducted an in-depth technical inspection, and Documentum xCP delivered the functionalities we were looking for. It simply does what they said it would do – accelerating application processing and empowering our agents to provide industry-leading service to our customers.”
EMC Executive Quote:
Rohit Ghai, Vice President and General Manager, Content and Case Management Group, EMC Information Intelligence Group.
“Global organizations, such as Generali, deploy EMC Documentum xCP to simplify business operations, make accurate decisions, and increase return on investment. As Generali continues to transform other business processes, it can rely on its existing xCP infrastructure for even faster time-to-market benefits.”
- Learn more about Documentum xCP.
- Stay connected with Momentum on Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Follow the @EMC_Momentum account and join the #mmtm11 conversation on Twitter.
- Join the EMC Documentum communities on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, SlideShare, the EMC Community Network.
About EMC Documentum xCP
Documentum xCP provides fully integrated technologies, development and deployment tools emphasizing configuration versus coding. xCP Intelligent Case Management unites business process management, content management, capture, customer communications, collaboration, analytics, and compliance into a single intelligent environment. With xCP, system integrators, independent software vendors and IT organizations can rapidly build intelligent case-based applications substantially faster, at a much lower cost and with fewer resources.
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC and Documentum are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE EMC Corporation