Scanbuy Reports 20 Million Scans Milestone in 2011 Making Company on Course for Record Year
NEW YORK, Nov. 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ —
What: Scanbuy, Inc. is releasing its ScanLife Q3 2011 Trend Report today, November 1, 2011, which is the 5th in the series and marks the one year anniversary of the inaugural report.
Why: The mobile barcode industry has experienced a phenomenal amount of activity over the past year, and this report provides an in depth analysis of the industry’s growth over the past 12 months and level of adoption by both brands and consumers.
- Over 20 million scans have been processed through the ScanLife system this year to date through September
- Today, an average of 128 countries are scanning each day compared to 77 countries a year ago
- The number of active users has increased by 300% from Q3 2010 to Q3 2011
- There has been a 39% increase in average of number of scans per code
- The single best QR code marketing campaign powered by the ScanLife system had 427,994 scans in just six weeks
When: November 1, 2011
Where: To download a copy of the report, visit: http://www.scanlife.com/us_en/trend-reports
About: Scanbuy is the global leader in developing solutions that power the connection between the physical and digital world. The ScanLife suite of mobile barcode products consists of an interoperable Code Management Platform, a universal barcode reader app with millions of users, and developer tools that can be accessed to build customized solutions. The cloud based platform is used by a wide variety of industries including retail, CPG and media publishers to create, manage, and track dynamic 2D (QR Code) barcode campaigns.
ScanLife manages millions of 1D (UPC) and 2D scans from over 125 different countries every day and is headquartered in New York City with local offices throughout North America, Europe, LATAM and China. Scanbuy has the largest and oldest patent portfolio of any company in the industry, with over 50 patents granted covering the entire solution. The company’s investors include Motorola Solutions Ventures, Motorola Mobility Ventures, Hudson Ventures, and Masthead Venture Partners.