Decide.com Launches iPhone App for Smart Holiday Electronics Shopping
SEATTLE, Nov. 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Decide.com, the only shopping service that predicts when to buy consumer electronics with no regrets, announced that its new Decide.com App for iPhone and iPod touch is now available in the App Store. Decide.com’s new App is a “crystal ball” for shoppers, putting the power of its predictions in the palm of shoppers’ hands to save money at the moment of purchase. Just in time for the holidays, both the app and the website now deliver predictions for more of the items on your wish list, covering all the hottest electronics and video games.
“The days of overpaying for gadgets are over,” said Mike Fridgen, CEO of Decide.com. “With the new Decide.com App, a one-second search can save you hundreds of dollars and the pain that comes with buying the wrong product at the wrong time.”
According to the Consumer Electronics Association, CE purchases account for more than one-third of holiday gift budgets and are among the most wished-for holiday gifts by US adults, right up there with peace and happiness. Decide’s new App puts a little peace and happiness into the process of shopping for electronics this holiday by telling you when to buy to save money on your holiday budget.
“With more than 70 percent of smartphone owners using their phones to shop while in stores, 2011 is the year of the empowered holiday shopper,” said Michael Paulson, VP Product and Marketing, Decide.com. Decide for iPhone and iPod touch is the first shopping app to address the “When to Buy?” question to help you get answers when you are in the store, ready to make that purchase.
Have Fun and Decide for a No Regrets Holiday
Powered by the same team that brought you airfare predictions at Farecast and more than 60 terabytes of historical data, the new Decide.com App makes it fun and easy to decide on electronics this holiday season. Leveraging proprietary algorithms and over eight billion price observations to deliver the most accurate, up-to-date recommendations, the Decide.com App helps you:
- Check prices: see the lowest prices online and nearby for hundreds of thousands of electronics products.
- Get instant predictions to see if you should BUY NOW or WAIT: just scan a UPC barcode or QR code while in-store, or search by model number.
- Check product ratings and reviews from other shoppers.
- Share your smart decisions and brag about your good shopping fortune by sharing Decide.com’s predictions with your friends via email, Twitter and Facebook.
Now Shop Decide for all consumer electronics
Just in time for the holidays, Decide has expanded to include predictions on 33 of the most popular electronics categories. Now you can shop with confidence for the hottest items on your holiday shopping list including tablets, e-readers, MP3 players, Blu-ray players, headphones, GPS devices and video games. This adds to the categories already covered by Decide: laptops, TVs, smartphones and cameras.
Tips for Smart Holiday Electronics Shopping
- Sleep in on Black Friday. While some products are offered at a deep discount, most CE products hit their lowest prices in early December, well after the hype of Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- Set alerts early to save. Did you know that consumer electronics prices are volatile? 20 percent of product prices change on a daily basis and 50 percent of the time prices go up, not down. Be a smart shopper by setting alerts early at Decide.com for products on your holiday wish list to catch elusive price drops and save money.
- Make a deal. If there is a lower price available from a different seller (or if a price drop is predicted) negotiate with a sales associate for a better deal. In a recent industry study, 43% of retailers stated their policy is to negotiate prices based on mobile price comparisons. Many retailers also offer better prices online than in their physical stores.
Decide is the only shopping service that predicts when to buy consumer electronics with no regrets. Both Decide.com and the new Decide App for iPhone and iPod touch utilize proprietary data and predictive algorithms to tell shoppers when to buy with confidence, or wait for a price drop or newer model to be released. Since launch in June 2011, Decide.com’s price predictions have been 77 percent accurate and the average potential savings have been $54 per device. Decide was co-founded by Internet search pioneer Oren Etzioni, founder of Farecast and the Netbot, the web’s first comparison shopping engine. The company raised $8.5M in venture capital from Madrona Venture Group, Maveron and angel investors. To follow Decide, visit the company’s blog, Facebook and Twitter. www.decide.com