Black Friday has Become One of the Best Times of the Year to Buy TVs
WARREN, Mich., Nov. 23, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — It’s no secret Black Friday is one of the best days of the year to buy a new TV so the experts in Big Screen TV’s, Paul’s TV inside Art Van Furniture, have put together five helpful tips for holiday shoppers.
- Alphabet soup: LED, LCD, or Plasma TV? LED’s have richer color and are more energy efficient. LCD’s are less expensive and have a matte finish and will display better in brighter rooms. Plasma’s have the richest color palette of all and the best viewing angles.
- Numbers: 1080p is the term used mostly when identifying resolution. 1080p is currently the most desirable resolution. The higher the resolution the better the overall picture quality.
- Cords: HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is the best cable you can purchase. It carries audio as well as video, and will give the best picture and sound from one cord.
- Installation: If you are considering installing your HDTV professional installation is highly recommended. Not only for safety purposes but what does one do with all of the exposed wires? Professional installation guarantees a worry free experience.
- Save the Box: Hang on to the box and the Styrofoam that your HDTV came in. This will come in quite handy if moving, or if something goes wrong and the unit needs to be shipped back to the manufacturer.
“So often people buy televisions without knowing what features they’re getting,” says James Garelli, Paul’s TV Director of Stores. “We want to give the best TVs at the best prices, but we also want guests to know everything a new television has to offer.”
Black Friday deals at Paul’s TV will present the lowest prices in the industry, such as a 73″ HDTV for $999 or a 50″ HDTV for $799. Paul’s TV will also provide its customers with a 30-day price protection.
Paul’s TV inside Art Van Furniture will open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Black Friday, November 25, 2011. A free Android tablet will be given with every purchase over $688 in every department inside Art Van.
About Paul’s TV
Paul founded Paul’s TV (and appliance at the time) over 46 years ago with a $1000 loan from a relative. Working out of one small store in La Habra, CA, Paul’s TV changed forever in 1978 with the introduction of the Big Screen TV. Paul’s TV now has locations in Southern California, Colorado, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Michigan and Virginia.
About Art Van Furniture
Art Van Furniture is Michigan’s largest furniture retailer and America’s largest independent furniture retailer. The company operates 34 stores in 33 communities throughout Michigan, a full service e-commerce website, plus four freestanding Art Van PureSleep bedding stores in Canton, Troy, Ann Arbor and Rochester Hills, Michigan. Founded in 1959, the company is family-owned and headquartered in Warren, Mich. Check out artvan.com for more information.
SOURCE Art Van Furniture