Verizon Earns Top Honors From Metro Ethernet Forum for Third Consecutive Year
NEW YORK, Dec. 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Verizon’s excellence and leadership in the development, marketing and delivery of Carrier Ethernet business services around the world have earned top recognition by the Metro Ethernet Forum for the third consecutive year. The MEF named Verizon as Global Service Provider of the Year on the strength of the company’s comprehensive Carrier Ethernet portfolio, continued service innovation worldwide and expansive interconnect agreements.
“Carrier Ethernet has earned its place as an integral wide area networking solution for multinational businesses worldwide,” said Mike Palmer, vice president of enterprise strategy and marketing for Verizon. “Verizon’s strong portfolio of high-IQ network solutions, featuring Carrier Ethernet, provides the flexibility businesses and government agencies require in today’s changing IT landscape. Whether serving as a platform for enterprise cloud solutions, a component of a global WAN infrastructure or as access to private and public IP-based services, Verizon can meet the most complex and sophisticated global customer requirements.”
Verizon accepted the 2011 Global Service Provider of the Year award at an MEF-sponsored reception on Dec.1 in Singapore.
MEF President Nan Chen said, “Verizon has paved a global path, creating innovative Carrier Ethernet solutions on a global basis. In addition to honoring Verizon’s outstanding service to customers around the globe, the award also celebrates Verizon’s overall contribution to the communications industry.”
Verizon’s award-winning portfolio of Ethernet services features:
- Virtual Private LAN Service and Ethernet Virtual Private Line – available virtually anywhere in the U.S. and in more than 32 international locations across Europe, Asia-Pacific, Canada and Mexico.
- Ethernet Private Line – available within 145 U.S. metro markets and in many locations in 21 European countries.
- Ethernet Access for Private IP and the public Internet – available virtually anywhere in the U.S., and in 31 European countries, 13 countries in Asia-Pacific, and ten countries in Latin America and Canada.
- Metro Ethernet Services – available within 100 metro markets in the U.S.
- Ethernet Access Partner Agreements with more than 180 Verizon-certified Ethernet partners globally.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ), headquartered in New York, is a global leader in delivering broadband and other wireless and wireline communications services to consumer, business, government and wholesale customers. Verizon Wireless operates America’s most reliable wireless network, with more than 107 million total connections nationwide. Verizon also provides converged communications, information and entertainment services over America’s most advanced fiber-optic network, and delivers integrated business solutions to customers in more than 150 countries, including all of the Fortune 500. A Dow 30 company with $106.6 billion in 2010 revenues, Verizon employs a diverse workforce of more than 195,000. For more information, visit www.verizon.com.