Global Rubber Economics , Operational Best-practices & Country Outlook explored at Centre for Management Technologyâ€™s 2nd RubberPLANT Summit in Bali on 06-07 Feb, 2012
Given that Indonesia is the second largest producer of natural rubber and has the highest acreage under cultivation, Centre for Management Technology is hosting itsÃ¢ 2012 2nd RubberPLANT Summit in Bali! To be held on 06-07 February, the conference aims to reflect on land availability, investment climate and policies to develop the rubber sector in Indonesia, Philippines, Papua New Guinea, Sri Lanka, and comparatively assess the natural rubber producing countries.
Bali, Indonesia (PRWEB) December 07, 2011
Spanning 1.5 day, and with the theme “Revitalizing Rubber plantation to Reach Greater Productivity”, the second edition of the Rubber Plantation series by the Centre for Management Technology promises to be an ideal platform for meaningful interactions and networking among rubber industry players, Technology providers, Carbon/Environmental Consultants, Plantation Owners, Rubber/agribusiness Investors, Plantation Project Developers, policy makers, and researchers across countries.
The Conference will commence with an opening address by Ir. Rismansyah Danasaputra, Director of Perennial Crop – Directorate General of Estate, Ministry of Agriculture Republic of Indonesia. Other contributions from top-notch companies include:
- Jom Jacob, Senior Economist from The Association of Natural Rubber Producing Countries (ANRPC) shares his views on Trends in natural rubber producing countries, yield & profitability per hectar via his presentation Ã¢ËœYield in Rubber-Growing Belts: A Comparative Assessment across Countries
- Pawan Kumar, Associate Director (Food & Agribusiness Research & Advisory) from Rabobank International elaborates on Global Rubber Economics & Market Fundamentals. He will discuss the production & demand balance, trends and driver of demand side, challenges faced by the sector.
- Dr. Romulo L. Cena, Director of Philippines Industrial Crops Research Institute discusses ‘Challenges for Philippines Natural Rubber Developments’
- Ramesh Veloo, General Manager (Advisory Services) Tradewinds Plantation Berhad shares details on Issues and Challenges in Reviving Rubber as a Plantation Crop
- Dr. Chairil Anwar, Director , Indonesia Rubber Research Institute presents his paper on Rubber Forest Plantation – New Strategy for Rubber Plantation Development in Indonesia reflecting on shift from planting forest timber species into rubber forest plantation.
- Alistair Monument, Asia Pacific Director, Forest Stewardship Council addresses Carbon opportunities, Role of the market to drive responsible practices on the ground with his session on Sustainability in Rubber plantation Management.
- Dr. Thomas Wijaya, Principal Research Scientist & Coordinator, Sembawa Research Centre spells out ‘Climate and soil requirement for rubber, Rubber growth on non-traditional area and Nutrient management’
- Dr. Buncha Somboonsuke, Associate Professor (Department of Agronomy) Prince Songkla University talks about Comparison of Technology Transfer among Rubber Smallholding Farms in Thailand: Challenges and Effective Approaches
- Dr. Nasaruddin Mohd. Aris, Head of Crop Improvement and Protection Unit, Malaysian Rubber Board (MRB) examines sourcing, yield and performance in his paper entitled ‘Study on Stability of Hevea Clones for Commercial Latex and Wood Production’.
- Zakariya Zaki bin Tahir, General Manager of Felda Plantations Berhad sheds light on Management of Rubber Nursery to Produce High Quality Planting Material
- Sriyan Eryagama, Director for Rubber of Lankem Tea & Rubber plantation, weighs in on his experience with a Case Study on Sri Lankan Rubber Cultivation and Manufacturing Techniques
- Jom Jacob, Senior Economist , The Association of Natural Rubber Producing Countries (ANRPC) delivers his paper on Rubber Price Trends: Volatility vs. Stability
For more information visit the official event page. For registrations or more information on the summit, contact Centre for Management Techonolgy or Hafizah Adam at (65) 6346 9218.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2ndrubberplantationsummit/6and7februaryinBali/prweb9009297.htm